ok, tonight im going to build a layout.

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by ozzy, Jan 20, 2008.

1. cnw1995

cnw1995 Member

Go for it, Ozzy. Like Brutus said, show us what you have in mind.
  2. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

i dont have any way to make a track plan on the computer.
  3. kfh227

kfh227 Member

Here is a reasonably good software package that is free:
    Right Track Software 7.0

It does N, HO and O gauge layouts

It took maybe a day to figure it out. It's not perfect and has it's non-intuitive parts but it's pretty good for free.
  4. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

i have tried that site and many others, cant get any of them to work, and on top of that none of them are set up to use fast track,
  5. Brutus

Brutus Member

I've got RR Tracks that includes fasttrack - good program, just FYI. I'm still trying to figure out the 3d stuff though - never seems to work right. I've got a book somewhere where the guy described a system for hand-drawing layouts by breaking the page down into a grid that represented the minimum turn radius and distance between 2 tracks (eg: center to center = 6 inches or so) so that when he was done it would actually be able to work....

If you email me a scan or picture or your plan with rough dimensions, I'll plug it into rr tracks for you and post it and you can see if it's a program you would like?
  6. Brutus

Brutus Member

I know a lot of guys just put down track and start messing around with it until they get it the way they want, too - there isn't any right way to do this, just the way that makes us happy!