OK So you got me...

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Plastic Bonsai, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There I was passin thru'. Hans Christian was after a King Air model (no change there then:-D ) and I put up a couple of pics of FS models that I could convert, passed the program onto a few guys and hung around. Found a lot of interesting modelling going on. OK I dabbled a bit.

Bit off an Eskimo more than I could chew.
    Blew up a Kirov. Didn't know what to do.
    Showed models to Gearz and really smiled at his reply.
    Thought I ought to give this another try.
    Started with No Face but he tends to dissapear.
    Tried Totoro and grinned from ear to ear.
    Did Full metals's Elrik
    Not sure what he's like
    Tried taming a dragon and had some success
    Made up Aru then looked up her dress
    Made a lucky cat to wave in some money
    And finally a lemur cos they're really funny

And here is my collection right up to date.

Sorry I really didn't mean for this to come out this way, not until about 4 lines in but please take this as a thank you for this marvellous site and my new addiction.

Errr me. Well a 49 year old who loves toy shops and still likes aeroplanes after 32 years of study and working on the aerospace engineering side of things. I started in aerodynamics and moved on to avionic software and simulation work. Still married with three thriving daughters and a fridge eating dog I make models to relax. My ID comes from my first addiction which is making models from the other stuff. The Bonsai bit I think is something to do with the idea of the meditative qualities of creating minatures. Well it seemed like a good idea at the time....

Anyway with this hobby I can at least work indoors in the warmth with odourless adhesives and paints rather than be banned to the cold cold garage.

So thanks to you all I may live a little longer than I would have otherwise.

Attached Files:

2. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Not too shabby at all.

The dragon and the cat are very nice.
  3. Clashster

Clashster Member

Great looking collection! But I have to worry about you a little.... seems this new addiction has warped you a bit! Looking up a paper model's dress? :oops: BTW, like the lemur too!

4. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Pretty nice! And your words paint a pretty picture as well!
    BTW (I looked too! SHHHH!)
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Super jobs on those builds! Take some individual pics and get yourself a gallery going :) Welcome to the fold and hope to see more of your work!
  6. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Great collection of critters! Rick
  7. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

Welcome, you have come to the right place.
    I don't think I have seen paper model poetry before (LOL).
  8. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Excellant work, great lyrics, maybe put them to a rap beat and we have something! American Idol look out!
  9. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

I love it.

Welcome PlasticBonsai!

I love the little poem.

Where did you get that dragon? I'd like one of those myself. I've made the dragon head from Kancho's site, but never found a nice one with a full body.

10. SteveM

SteveM Member

11. Nekayah

Nekayah Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.