Ok, here goes..........

hiscopilot

Dec 27, 2006
Spring Hill, TN
OK, I started building the table today. I have a couple of supports I am going to add since of course I didnt build something with the fact that my basement floor isnt level in mind.
all right here's my supplies nicely brought in by my hubby who had to make the cuts since he didnt have the patience to let the guys at Home Depot cut em for me. Too cold out for me to go make cuts...
IMG_5956a.jpg

IMG_5959a.jpg

Then I get it all set up and the drill ran out of battery power (I miss my dewalt :( ) And I realize exactly how badly my basement floor is out of whack. BUt anyway... here it is. I will be adding more screws and a cross support in the middle and a couple other beams to increase stability. Otherwise its good overall, I sat on it! :) I guess we'll add foam first week of next month. My husband isnt really convinced that I need it... but I want my creek!!!!!!!!!!
IMG_5964a.jpg

IMG_5965a.jpg

And my son and his friend were hard at work while I was:
IMG_5960a.jpg

oh and today the Gordon set, Henry, and Toby arrived. The James set was supposed to be here but they accidentally shipped a deluxe Thomas set which we already have... I am sure they'll fix it fast! I also got a nice box of misc parts I ordered off Ebay for about $8. It has enough couplers and wheel sets for me to fix most if not all of my junk cars... and lots of wiring and switches, and scenery, and track, etc etc etc. Over all not bad... I need to get started organizing or this will get out of hand FAST!

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
How far off level is yor basement floor? If it isn't too far off, you can drill 3/8 insh holes in the bottom of each leg and then using a hammer drive in a 5/16 "T" nut over the hole. Then you just screw in a 5/16 inch carriage bolt for adjustable legs. You can probably do 1-2 inches of adjustment on each individual leg that way.

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
IMG_5960a.jpg

Isn't James the RED engine? or is that from the wodden set? That, and I thought you said that you wouldn't let him paly with the Rock Island, yet it's right in front of him. I'm confused:confused:

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
MasonJar said:
I noticed on your track plan that the outer loop seems to be not connected to the inner loop. Is this intentional?

Andrew

hiscopilot said:
I will be running more than one train and I can't afford to switch to dcc besides I am running Thomas on this first layout...

but just saying that about the power to each track makes sense enough to me that I can wire it up just fine. Not to say I will actually remember that when the time finally comes that I can wire it. hmph Mommy brain!

any questions?:D

hiscopilot

Dec 27, 2006
Spring Hill, TN
ok... lets see-
That is the Wooden James. Its just watching the real trains LOL
The Rock Island is there because I was still trying to fix it. He was not playing with it, I tes run it on that track when he's not looking.

As far as the track not being connected- that is not intentional, I will be adding a switch track in there somewhere, but it is nice to have the outer loop to run more than one train on.

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Say, when IS that James comming in? I'd like to see him. fun Fact: when I was looking up TTTE, I found an episode where Percy is given the job of being the controler for the day cause Sir topam Hatt is sick and so Pery goes and tells james to get repainted as a bee. I can only imagine what he looked like, and how he felt (he had a bad incident with bees once)

hiscopilot

Dec 27, 2006
Spring Hill, TN
I imagine James will be here maybe MOnday. He ships UPS and even if he shipped out today (which he didnt :( ) it wouldnt be here til MOnday because they dont deliver Sats.

The James that is watching I believe ins the James goes Buzz Buzz with the red nose! :)
IMG_5971.jpg

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Corect! That is indeed his bad encounter with bees. speaking of which, what engine doesn't have a bad memory of being dunked or covered in goeey stuff or some other humiliating thing?:D

hiscopilot

Dec 27, 2006
Spring Hill, TN
yres, he is saving his allowance for Emily.

oh the James watching in the pic wasnt Buzz Buzz, it was Take along James- Touble with Trees. This poor deprived child has 3 entirely different and well stocked sets of Thomas trains- take along, wooden, and model. DOn't ya wish I would spoil him a little more?

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
hiscopilot said:
yres, he is saving his allowance for Emily.

oh the James watching in the pic wasnt Buzz Buzz, it was Take along James- Touble with Trees. This poor deprived child has 3 entirely different and well stocked sets of Thomas trains- take along, wooden, and model. DOn't ya wish I would spoil him a little more?

The only possible way of doing THAT would be to buy him an actual life-size replica of Thomas himself:D hamrhamrhamr

hiscopilot

Dec 27, 2006
Spring Hill, TN
Oh my gosh DO NOT EVER SAY THAT AROUND MY SON (nor type it again since he is pretty much reading now) I do not want him to have an idea that it can be done...

Oh an dwe have Thomas Comes to Breakfast with egg and a window on him, thomas and the jet engine which is really pretty cool, in the take along he has the percy takes a plunge, and James and the trouble with trees. I really hate that my son doesn't get to experience Thomas throughout his childhood! LOL

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
hiscopilot said:
Oh my gosh DO NOT EVER SAY THAT AROUND MY SON (nor type it again since he is pretty much reading now) I do not want him to have an idea that it can be done...

Oh an dwe have Thomas Comes to Breakfast with egg and a window on him, thomas and the jet engine which is really pretty cool, in the take along he has the percy takes a plunge, and James and the trouble with trees. I really hate that my son doesn't get to experience Thomas throughout his childhood! LOL

In reality, it can't. Thomas isn't based on a spesific engine, so geting an exact replica is imposible (seing as how we don't know his insides or his baseplate). The closest thing to making a train is to make one yourself, kinda like what I want to do for my Project "M"hamr hamrhamrhamrhamrhamr

hiscopilot

Dec 27, 2006
Spring Hill, TN
wow, somehow my response never posted- thanks LITom, Mathy saw him at Day Out With Thomas... thats what I was saying.

Arent all the engines in Thomas based on real trains? I knowin the character galleries they list details about who they're modeled afetr.

hmmmm

oh and I think he has all 10 seasons. Plus my neighbor brought VHS which we dubbed to dvd. Plus my mom tivos them and my grandma watches them and calls to talk to him about them What a crazy family huh?

hiscopilot

Dec 27, 2006
Spring Hill, TN
CNWman said:
:D WHAT PART OF DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND!?!??!!?!?!? HISCO, QUICKLY! SHEILD YOUR SON"S EYES!!!!!!!

He's in bed :sleeping: he's already seen the "real" Thomas. Are you kidding? It was 96degrees and 100% humidity at 4pm on that Sept 11. And he dressed in his Thomas overalls and engineer hat anyway. He's somewhat fanatical/