ok guys, heres my first attempt....

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by trainsteve2435, Aug 19, 2004.

1. NYC-BKO

NYC-BKO Member

Grrrreat looking, Steve, nice job. I like the rust job on the girders.:thumb::thumb::thumb:
  2. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Member

I picked up some spikes this weekend at my semi LHS. The only problem is they are way too long. I'll have about 3/8" sticking out underneath the tie showing under my bridge. Did you have to cut yours?
  3. no Doc, the type of bridge i built (deck girder) was not the same as yours. on myne, the spikes went into the center braceing and was hid from site. also, the spikes i used were shorter than yours too. you might try to find some shorter spikes if you can see them that bad. look forward to seeing your bridge, i too am getting ready to start a Campbells curved timber trestle. let me know if you need anything else!:wave:
  4. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Member

I'm gonna try with what I've got. It was the last package that my seemi-LHS had. They only order stuff once in a blue moon and I don't want to wait. I should be able to cut them off from below and not have them look too bad. I'm actually working on two separate structures. One is a wooden trestle from a kit. That's the one I'm gonna spike. The other is a scratch-built multi-span plate girder bridge that looks very much like yours (at least the plate girders do). I tried my hand at some rust weathering last night. Compared to yours, mine looks like #@&%$. I'll post some pice when I get it done.
  5. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Cool beans...now ya got me wantin' to put my three (yikes) Campbell's bridge kits together.