OK...guy time to relax

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by NOBI, Jul 7, 2004.

1. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

Everybody please drop your weapon ( i mean your artknife and glue bottle) surround me and guess what is it again :D now i have a prize for winner too...who can ID this model will recieve this model...ready?

What tit ziz?
  2. mark

mark Member

i know for sure, i have mane olld pic off the original one

but lats make it a grat fight with all paper ppl

if ther is 7 ppl thet dont know and nobi not pablish the name i will tall it :)
  3. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Well, NOBI,
    That looks like a Yak 15 or Yak 17 to me (they're pretty close), but I could be wrong. The nose intake in your picture and the windscreen angle has me a bit stumped, but that's my guess.

4. Ziga

Ziga Member

It looks like Jak 23 to me, but I may be wrong ;-)

Best regards,
  5. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

6. mark

mark Member

ass i know this 3 planes

yak 15

looks just the some to unarme eyes
  7. shrike

shrike Guest

8. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

Nice try...we have many guy answer nearly correct...maybe choose only 1 aircraft and answer then i can decide who is answer right :D

Next part of this aircraft is....
  9. Darwin

Darwin Member

I'm not sure if Nobi's latest is a Jak or the German experimental craft the Jak series was based on....however, while crusing the web to try to confirm my suspicion, I ran across this

Has some neat stuff, well worth the surf.
  10. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

umm...i dont sure that can call experience aircraft or not but this aircraft has a german's jet engine stolen install inside :D
  11. charliec

charliec Active Member

A bit of research gives:

Yak-15 - tailwheel undercarriage
    Yak-17 - tricycle undercarriage with nosewheel folding back into a fairing underneath the fuselage
    Yak-23 - completely restractable nosewheel with two doors on each side of the nosewheel well but no fairing or cover over the nosewheel

So it looks like it's a Yak-17 (imho)

12. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Do i hear a YAK-17 from your mouth? that is your last answer? Charliec

YESSSS that is YAK-17, first Ryan and other guy not tell that is YAK-17...Ryan not sure it is YAK-15 or YAK-17. Mark have many choice...he said 15, 17 or 23. Ziga you are nearly right but that is not YAK-23...sorry Ziga. Shrike go to Caproni...well that is very intersting subject but u wrong...

Charliec, u will got this YAK-17 ASAP (after i finish assemble it :D) and i think we will have good news from Ron soon
  13. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

and this is what i build...
  14. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Aw, Shucks! I wish I'd stayed online a bit longer last night.

15. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

Update picture of this YAK-17...
  16. tino

tino Member

Hi Nobi,
    The Scale is 1/50 right?
    I would like to see it in 1/33 or 1/32.
    BUt is very beautiful, great job.

17. rkelterer

rkelterer Member

hi nobi,

nice design ! where do you find so much time :wink: for your designs ? keep at it !

cheers from austria
  18. Swinger

Swinger Member

Nice design, NOBI.

Tino -> Modelik has just released Yak-17 and 23 in 1/33 scale.
  19. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

Thank you very much for all kind word, hope everybody enjoy my free YAK-17...Modelik's YAK-17 is for modeler who want more detail than mine :D mine not have wheelwell nor detail cockpit :D

and this is Modelik's YAK-17 coverpage...mean model ;)

20. Old Ranger

Old Ranger New Member

The Yak was supposedly "borrowed" by the US in the mid-fifty's. The story is that it was put in a boxcar in an un-named Eastern Bloc country, moved across a firendly border, put in a giant C-124 transport, and flown to the US.

It was tested for a short time at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH, then dismantled, flown back to Europe oin the Globemaster, backinthe rail car and back across the border without being discovered.

Might not be true, but it should have been!