OK Guy...time to play

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by NOBI, Nov 25, 2004.

1. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

i have working on a project now...i have some marking what appear in my project for everybody to play with. i will post and let's u guess what is my project...there is some prize for winner too. winner is member who can ID this aircraft include wing and base of aircraft belonged to.

first picture is......
  2. charliec

charliec Active Member

That's a Griffin - not an obvious unit emblem. I don't think it's WW2 - I can't recall ever seeing a griffin as a WW2 unit emblem.

3. Huey

Huey Member

A C-130 from Pope AFB?
  4. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

I think we have a winner :D
  5. Huey

Huey Member

Is this the C-130E 69-6580, (C/N 4356) 43d AW, Pope AFB, NC.
    History: 61st TAS, 64th TAW, 1970; 314th TAW, 1975-81, 317 TAW? I could be wrong :(
  6. Huey

Huey Member

uh, this?
  7. nebeltex

nebeltex Member

c 130

what scale will this be?
  8. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Please say 1/33... :D

Damn, Huey, that was fast! :lol:

9. jrts

jrts Active Member

Iam with Jim a 1/33 or bigger :lol: :lol:
    Jim, I could have a pair then :wink:

Sign me up for a copy Nobi :D

10. barry

barry Active Member

It's probably been Hueys personal transport

11. Huey

Huey Member

Guys, hold on a sec, lets wait for NOBI's verdict before we even celebrate, I still could be wrong. :oops:
    Barry, I've flown once on a C-130 and its not the most pleasant flight I ever had, but then again it was at a time of being pulled out from a country that was undergoing a coup d' etat. But I do love the bird also (along with the C-47 and the B-52) :D
  12. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

nobi pllease please please make it 1/33 :)
  13. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi there,

That is only 1 picture of information i gave but we have winner. yes that is C-130 from 43rd wing Pope AFW :D Huey prepare your space for this model when it release ;)

i have design this model in 1/48 scale :) not have detail cockpit yet (left for challenge modeler)if i design in 1/33 scale it is impossible to make this subject fit in A4 size but in 1/48 will make u hard to find place to keep this model :D im test build it now and will be release ASAP if i finish doing instruction. picture of nose i assemble will post tomorrow.

game is end faster than i think :) but congretulation Huey.
  14. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Great, Nobi!

And congratulations, Huey!!
    Like I said, that was FAST!!!! :shock:

Actually, I figure we all win with this one, Nobi...that's going to be an awesome model...please put me down for one as well. :D

15. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Nobi

What ever the scale I'll have one for shure :D

Can't wait to see your test build photos

16. barry

barry Active Member

Oh dear

Where am I going to put it I'll have to have one.

Thanks NOBI put me down for one as well

Thinks maybe I can build it with dowels and store it in pieces
  17. billmcc

billmcc Member

Thank you, Nobi! I think I have died and gone to paper modeler's heaven. Finally, a C-130 model in a reasonable size.

The 1/32 scale C-130 model published by Fly Model has a wing span of just over 48 inches, which in my opinion is much too big. Unless, you live in a warehouse. Even in 1/48 scale, this is not going to be a small model. It will have a wing span of around 24 inches (I think).
  18. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

just a candy eye for thank giving day...a page of C-130 in 43rd wing at Pope AFB
  19. Huey

Huey Member

So sorry to spoil the fun for everybody. It was not my intention to end the game so quickly, but I sure that if I didn't get it, somebody else will.

Thanks NOBI for the prize, but if you will allow me, can I pass it on to birthday boy DeWayne instead? He's been so kind to me and this is the least that I can do. Advance Happy Birthday DeWayne! I'll just purchase the model :D :wink:

Since my hootch is now a double cabin, I think I have the room to hang this baby. I may even be able to hang four of them on my hootch alone. Then there's the mess hall, the recreation room, the.....

Now all NOBI needs to do are the Blackhawks, Chinooks, the Apache ... hehehehe. Thanks again NOBI, it really looks like a great model. Finally the Herc has been resurrected!
  20. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Great choice Nobi, put me down for one too! This could open up alot of possiblities! Can you say AC-130!!??

Thanks again for designing another wonderful model Nobi!