OK big truck fans!

KCS

I was told about about a guy out in Cali. that made his own modern/present day Freightliner trucks. I was told he produced his own line of HO trucks from the FLD120 to the Century class all the way to the new Coronados. The I heard he sold out to another company that still produces them. Any idea who that might be and if they have a website? If I can find these trucks then I'll be set for life after I mass order about 100 of them for my HO trucking company. Thanks much.

Russ Bellinis

I googled 1/87 scale trucks and got a couple of sites you might want to check out.
www.hankstruckpictures.com and there are pictures on Aluilite's web site of modern trucks made by St. Charles Model Works, but when I wentto St Charles' web page, I couldn't find anything about scale model trucks.

urbancowboy

I started to collect HO trucks from a company called Promotex . The HO Promotex trucks I have are from Herpa and are all CN. If I had a layout I would be very interested in having a trucking business that ships/receives intermodal containers by train.

KCS

Well I found the site I was told about and have been looking for. They have the best trucks around. They are Jacobs Models resin kits. Only thing is that they are a bit expensive to build. You have to buy the resin kit which only contains the cab, hood, foot boards, and grill. About $25.00 with S&H then you have to decide on what company you want to buy a truck from to tear it apart for the frame wheel's details and all that good stuff. On top of that would be styrene to finish it plus all depends how how detailed you want it. www.1-87vehicals.org then register to become a member then look threw he photo gallery. Very nice HO models.

You might want to check out this site http://www.truckstopmodels.com/
10% discount on most things - see the ordering info. Very friendly people and if they don't stock it, it's either no good or unobtainable.
FWIW the Jacobs kits are excellent, most of them fit straight onto a Herpa/Prmotex frame.
I'm presently building a Mack Vision, will post photos when done