Ojimak's RF-4E in 1:200

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by cafe, Jul 7, 2013.

1. cafe

cafe Member

Printed at 40%. I'll eventually add a landing gear. The model is available here, alongside an F-15J and a Blue Impulse T-4.

ojimak-RF-4E-001.JPG ojimak-RF-4E-002.JPG ojimak-RF-4E-003.JPG
  2. shika

shika Member

Great as always Cafe.
    And thanks for the link.
  3. cafe

cafe Member

Thank you, Shika.
  4. cafe

cafe Member

I added the landing gear.

ojimak-RF-4E-005.JPG ojimak-RF-4E-006.JPG ojimak-RF-4E-007.JPG ojimak-RF-4E-008.JPG ojimak-RF-4E-009.JPG

Next one (hopefully)
  5. zathros

zathros SENIOR Administrator

These are the best builds of any of Ojimak's planes I have ever seen! Magnificent workmanship. I'd like to see how nice you could build Stahlhart's models! Like this one, or any of them for that matter. :)

Like this one:
  6. cafe

cafe Member

I find Stahlhart's model quite complex for 1:200. The F-18 is scary. If I build one of them, it will probably be in 1:100. Jan Kytop is a master of 1:200. See his Korean War Aviation Museum (at maquettes-papier) which has quite a few Stahlhart models in 1:200, including 2 Skynights.

(OTOH, I did print some of soviet WWII planes in 1:200. The Sturmovik seems doable. It's just that I'd like more space around the parts)
  7. zathros

zathros SENIOR Administrator

Judging by how well you have built your models, I thin you could build whatever you decided to build. That is totally up to you of course and it is a pleasure to see someone take a basic model like Ojimak's and take it as far as it can go. If you like to build primarily in 1/200 scale, then I can understand your concerns. They do take up less shelf space! :)