Ojimak - new airplane models now available

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Jim Krauzlis, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

What is quickly becoming one of my favorite sites to check out every few
    days, Ojimak has recently made available a few new models.

He now has a Su47 Berkut available; a very interesting looking model, and
    one I think is worth checking out.

He also has available a JDF F-15 Eagle, Mig-29 Fulcrum in Stlizhi colors,
    two versions of an F-18 Hornet, another JDF F-4EJ Phantom, a Concorde,
    F/A-22 Raptor, 2 Sea Harriers and another JDF F-2A.

As has been mentioned earlier, Ojimak seems to rotate his models a bit, and
    it seems a bit more frequently than Trotskiy does. I am very impressed with
    the graphics on the Ojimak designs, really an outstanding model designer!
    You need to use a password, but that is given just below the copyright line
    on the bottom of the page.<G>

2. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Sud-Aviation Concorde

Thanks Jim!

This was really a useful tip - I´ve been searching for a downloadable Concorde, and here it is! No colours or markings but still a nice design.
    I´ll start cutting rightaway...

Merci Beaucoup!
    Bengt Fredén, Stockholm.:grin:
  3. Jim Krauzlis

Hi, Bengt!:)

I would love to see how it comes out!
    I have fallen in love with his designs. He provides some very superb graphics and the assembly files he also offers for each model are great...I understand these models are designed to actually fly too!

Hope you'll show us some photos when you build the Concorde...

4. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Concorde assembly files?

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply. Assembly files? Where can they be found? All I found was the model sheets with a lot of dots on them...
    Are they hidden away somewhere?
    I´d really appreciate your guidance on this!

Bengt in Stockholm:)
  5. Jim Krauzlis

Sure, right click on the photo of the concorde model and you will see the "mk_concorde.pdf" file, which is the assembly guide...each model has one, I believe.

Hope this helps!

(sitting out a blizzard this morning...I see more modeling in my immediate future today.:grin: )
  6. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Concorde assembly files

Hi again, Jim,

Thanks - I´ll try it rightaway. I sometimes run into problems with either my Mac or any of the three browsers that I´m currently using... hope it works.

in Stockholm (snow, -5 deg below zero centigrade):grin:
  7. Jim Krauzlis

Let me know if you have a problem downloading it, I can always send the file to you.

You got me beat on the weather...it's only windchill 10 degrees F right now, might go down to around zero later on, but the actual temp is hanging around in the mid to upper twenties right now; the high wind is what is making it rather cold right now.

8. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Concorde assembly files

Hi again, Jim.

Right you were - I´ve found the assemly plans - 3 pages of them ("Concold").
    However, something is not quite mint at my end...
    With the Explorer (an old out-dated Mac version) and Apple Safari browsers I´m using I get coloured dots instead of the Japanese fonts, and with the newest Netscape browser (for Mac) I get all the Japanese fine and dandy BUT I can´t print it...
    I guess my Adobe Acrobat Reader version 7.0 and the browsers are not talking the same language...
    I have to fix it somehow.

9. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Concorde assembly files

Hi Jim,
    This is becoming a sequel...
    I´ve got the Concorde plans now, albeit with the red and blue dots instead of the Japanese font (also stretching over the model sheets). So far so good. But, neither of the three browsers lets me print anything from the Acrobat Reader files (it usually works just fine).
    So, I was wondering: could you MAIL me the .pdf-files for the model and the assembly so I could try it out?
    Acrobat Reader for Mac and PC´s are compatible, so that shouldn´t present any problem...
    It would be nice to have the plans on PAPER (I have no laptop)

When you have the time - there´s NO HURRY (I´ve got umpteen other models to build...)

Bengt in Stockholm:roll:
  10. McPeek

McPeek Member

This was posted on Philippus Lansbergen's fine site. It looks as if he will have both British Airways and Air France models available.

Philippus Lansbergen
  11. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Thanks for the "heads-up" McPeek.
  12. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

New Aerospatiale "Concorde" Card Model?

Thanks, McPeek,

This is indeed good news - I look forward to building a high quality paper model of this beautiful A/C.
    The "modelbouw" section of the Volkssterrenwacht Philippus Landsbergen site is one of the best, in my opinion.

Bengt :)
  13. MacHine13of13

MacHine13of13 Member

14. McPeek

McPeek Member

The British Airways version is available now at Erik Tegroen's site and the Air France version will be available on Ralph Currell's fine site.

Philippus Lansbergen-British Airways

Currell Graphics-Air France
  15. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I grabbed up both of these and I must say that this is a very well designed model!

I am very impressed as either version is worthy of selling rather than giving them away for free!

A big hearty "Thank you" to both Erik Tegroen and Mr Currell for the offerings!

16. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

New BAC-Aérospatiale Concorde Paper Model 1:144 Scale

Wow, McPeek,

You do have an eye for new Internet finds - this is a gem, in two versions, as the Air France version is now also available from Ralph Currell.
    And yes, judging from the parts sheets, this might be the definitive paper model of the Concorde. It is in every bit in the high standard one has become accustomed to from these fine designers.

The assembly instructions and the factsheet are also very fine achievements.

Perhaps this is one for glossy hi-quality photo card? With Silver Metallic for the engine housings? What a dish!

Bengt :wink:
  17. modelincard

modelincard Member

Far and away the best airliner paper model I've ever seen.:-D

Now to try to build it (kinda complicated-looking).:roll:
  18. erik_tegroen

erik_tegroen New Member

Thank you.

Regrettably I must inform you that Mr. Lansbergen has died in 1633. Quite
    a few years ago.

So, will you allow me to take - at least half - the credit for making the model
    of Concorde ? ;-)

Instructions and fact sheet were entirely made by Ralph Currell. I was pleasantly
    surprised when he showed me the fact sheet. Great idea, and it looks great, too.
    If only I could afford a vector program........

This model should look great on heavy glossy paper. I might consider buying
    it, too.
    More versions of Concorde will be forthcoming. Real flown and cancelled liveries.
    Wait and see.

19. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Designer Eric te Groen, Volkssterrenwacht Philippus Lansbergen

Hello Erik,

Yes indeed, Erik - credit where credit is due. I was referring to you and Ralph. Thank you for a fantastic Concorde model - it surpasses everything previously published!

This is a good opportunity to pay my respects to you for all the wonderful models you have designed. I am doing an up-scaled version (with gold foil) of your Mars Spirit & Opportunity Rover model, which is one of my favourites. I have built it in three sizes.
    Your Mercury - Redstone rocket in 1:96 is also a very beautiful design - I have even cut out the launch escape tower in this scale.
    Thanks again for many hours of card modelling joy!

With the very best regards,

20. McPeek

McPeek Member

I stand corrected Erik as does my previous post.

Thanks to you and Ralph Currell for all of the wonderful models.