Oh rats its Monday

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

Well it looks like I am the first one to make here after the weekend. The coffee and tea is hot and the donuts are out so sit for a spell and say hello.

It is a little on the chilly side around this morning. The temperature is 31 F (0 C) and it is supposed to go up into forties today. They are predicating rain for tomorrow and New Years Day

I did some more decaling last night on the LNE boxcar and things went much better. I also corrected the lid problem on the Mantua tank car. Tonight I hope to finish the decals on the boxcar and maybe work on converting the couplers on another Mantua car.

I hope everybody has a good day.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Mornin'
Well here I am at the computer again(still)! I realized that I didn't have all the information I needed for this pilot schooner, and spent way too much time searching the net for more. The big problem with the net is that sometimes you have to enter "kitchen sink" to find model T ford!!
Which brings me to the point. The answers are most quickly found here! It seems there is someone here who can come up with the right answer. This is not always the case on some other forums. One could easily get spoiled here!, a situation for which I am eternally greatful.
There's a lot of posts to catch up on,
Later,
Pete

acshrpe

Oct 15, 2002
Southern MI
Visit site
Guess I should say Afternoon. The weather here is crappy. It's 39F and foggy. Visability is .2 miles. Couldn't get out on the net this am because of the weather. We are on satalite connection and the weather sometimes plays cain with the connection. Will have a cup of coffee and a donut if any are left.

Working on the train is out for tonight. Bowling nite and can't miss. I have the 2nd highest avg on the team.

Got to go and finish housework (seems like it never gets done).

Everyone have a good day and see all tomorrow.

Mike R

Jan 18, 2002
Meaford Ontario Canada
Visit site
To add to what Pete said, there's something else about this forum that stands out...there's almost always a 'thank you' or other acknowledgement shows up here, after one sends advice or a proposed solution to a question or problem.
With several other forums, such courtesies are often lacking, and after putting some time & effort in a response, one sometimes doesn't know if the original questioner ever even revisited the thread.
Happy New Year / regards / Mike

absnut

Oct 18, 2002
Maine
Visit site
Mike, there are many fine qualities this forum has which make it stand tall and above some of the others. I particularly like the peer support and positive reinforcement given to all who participate. Not to mention the simple friendliness towards each other!

Dick