Oh No I Can't hadle this anymore

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by CrimosnBronxs, Jun 9, 2008.

1. CrimosnBronxs

CrimosnBronxs Member

After days of hard work finishing off some of my transformer models I have lost everthing I had on my Hard Drive wall1wall1wall1:curse::curse::curse:
    300GB of Papermodels GONE when my hard drive fried and melted :curse::curse: so it will be I while before I can get everthing back up and running and make a new Transformers from the game. Baracade Jazz Prim Megatron all gone
  2. JT Fox

JT Fox Member

Sorry to hear your tale of sorrow.

It's not the first time I've read this kind of thing.

I think I'll burn myself a CD just in case.

Cheers JTF
  3. logicman

logicman Greybeard

Man! that stinks! :cry:

Is the hard drive spinning at all?
    I was thinking that a puppy linux CD might, just might, see your hard drive and let you recover some files, even when win$ can't find them.

Recovery is usually possible - to a new drive.

4. Padre

Padre Guest

A couple (or more) memory sticks (1-2 gigs) might be better, they can be updated, reused, and carried with you anywhere.
  5. Patty

Patty King of Swaziland

Thats true, i have a backup harddrive linked to my computer. Maybe this either means it wasn't meant to be, or god is trying to save you from being sued for copywright infringement. Sorry to hear about your loss.
  6. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

If you take the HD to the Geek Squad, they may be able to recover some files as long as there is no physical damage to the disc element.

For 300 megs of dreams, it may be worth the price and effort.
  7. CrimosnBronxs

CrimosnBronxs Member

tired but it's well nd truely F**& all it's good for is the rubbish bin
  8. Patty

Patty King of Swaziland

Perhaps there are salvagable metals that you can sell.
  9. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

Take it apart to salvage the Alnico magnets that form the arm of the read/write thingy. Those are great magnets!

Nevertheless, condolences over the loss. I feel your pain.