OH MY GOD what fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gruggier

Nov 28, 2006
Deer Park NY
So I got my MTH DCS working with my G scale MTH Hudson. SOUND puts this hobby in a whole new world! Freakin AWESOME!.

I got to tell you to the MTH is a pretty powerful little beast. It pulls better then my Aristo Pacific.

I also picked up TWO Aristo diesel engines. Dash 9's. I like these diesel engines big time! I got a reall great price on them to man. $210 each from Trainworld. It was a close out.
How could I go wrong?

They are BNSF warbonnets.

I was gonna get the CSX version but they wanted $279. I dont get how they do it? They suppoesedly purchase the last sets of the year? I donno.

I had so much fun with this sound setup that I am gonna get the Phoenix sound systesm for the Aristo Diesels

I will take some pics and get them up asap! Merry Christmas!

Guy.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
gruggier said:
I was gonna get the CSX version but they wanted $279. I dont get how they do it? They suppoesedly purchase the last sets of the year? I donno.

I had so much fun with this sound setup that I am gonna get the Phoenix sound systesm for the Aristo Diesels

I will take some pics and get them up asap! Merry Christmas!

Guy.

I'm a little surprised that they had BNSF on close out, but what happens is that train distributors get some of every road name automatically when they order from a manufacturer. The distributor usually sells out local road names for whatever territory he is in without any problem, but then he is stuck with road names from the other side of the country that no one in his territory wants. My local hooby shop used to get close out deals from distributors all the time. I bought some Athearn gp40-2 powered units for $10.00 apiece because they were painted for Conrail and there is no market for Conrail in So Cal. I was going to kitbash them into gp40x's, but ended up selling them to another member of the railroad club. I think he was going to turn them into gp50's or he may have decided to repaint them for S.P. I also got an Atlas rs1 brand new for $29.95 because it was painted for the Southern Railroad. I striped the paint and have repainted it black. As soon as I have time, it will get some zebra stripes.