Off up the shops.

Woodie

I'm off up my local goodies shop this morning for some therapy.

Anyone want anything while I'm there? :D :D

I'll let you all know what I come back with! :p

Woodie

I took my credit card!

I shouldn't have...... taken my credit card! :(

All I wanted was some paint (VR Wagon Red), some couplers, some new motor bushes for my Powerline 48 Class, and ANY decal with a thin yellow stripe...... Nice simple request, and not to costly.

Well, don't you always find that when you get there, they ain't got what you want? Nope.... no brushes. Nope.... no couplers, and nope..... no decals with thin yellow stripe. They did have the paint however.

But......:cool: :D :( :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Should have I or not????

I came home with one of these......
3801_Georges_Plains_Steam_Train_Passes_4-7-74.jpg

3801-01_Mt_Murray_11-04-98.jpg

A NSW Gov't Railways 38 Class (3801).

Click here for the 3801 homepage. I also have the 48 Class shown on that page too (The one I needed the brushes for).

Oh..... and a extra passenger car (sleeping car) for my SS Class Tangerine V/Line set... (cheap at $20!) to add to my set.

abmh.jpg

Why do we do it?:confused: Why? Is that why most of you guys mailorder?? So you don't get tempted? :(

rockislandmike

Rockislandmike never takes his credit card train shopping, and always goes with a list of items needed and/or short-term wants. If I find something on my "needs" list, it gets first priority; if it's on my short-term list, it's optional. If it's not on either list, while it may take a while, I force myself to put it back.

Happened on the weekend with a hobby shop that doubled their model railroad inventory; found a couple cars I liked, but they weren't on my lists, so forget it. I don't think I'm going back, either - their staff *ALWAYS* pressures you to think about buying locomotives, kind of annoying.

shamus

Registered Member
If you came home with one of those, where the HELL are you going to keep it.:rolleyes:

Just kidding, it will make a nice addition to your stock.

Woodie

Originally posted by shamus
If you came home with one of those, where the HELL are you going to keep it.:rolleyes:

Shamus, I'll keep the real one under the bed! (I'm sure they won't miss it!) However, the model will sit nicely on the layout with the matching Tuscan NSW passenger set I already have. Just like this one.

Attachments

• tuscan3801.jpg
    tuscan3801.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 80

bobrien

Woody I am obscenely jealous...

a) you have a credit card
b) you are actually allowed to use it
c) why are Aussie trains so much prettier than NZ ones?
d) I love the train and especially the Tuscan carriages
e) I have to drive 70kms to find a halfway decent hobby store
f) You have a working layout (need I say more ??)

Bruce

Woodie

Originally posted by bobrien
[e) I have to drive 70kms to find a halfway decent hobby store
Bruce [/B]

Remember, Bruce. I live in Sydney....... Doesn't matter how far it is to your local, I'm sure you'd get there quicker than I can get to mine! :)

bobrien

True Woody - but the difference is, you can at least BUY Oz trains and stock at your stores
Here they look at you blankly and say "I can give you an address of some old geezer in the South Island who will make you a replica, but it'll probably cost you about $650 unpainted.."

And just forget about stock. It looks like it will ALL have to be bashed I reckon. God help me........
And here's me, have trouble changing a falt on the cars. Oh woe is me. I may have to replicate a Qld line or something from Tassie and pop over to buy the gear.
Oh the shame!
:(