Off Topic,,, or is it???

RailRon

Thanks Chris! This is VERY interesting. (I own the original book 'Powers of Ten', but this one is still better!)

Off topic? Oh well, you can't ALWAYS play with trains - there's a real world out there somewhere! :D :D :D :D :D

Ron

TR-Flyer

Hey:
They left out the strings at the end! Just watched a neat show on PBS on String Theory. Whoo-boy, life sure gets interesting at the subatomic level! Heck, it's pretty interesting at THIS level! Where'd i leave my coffee?

Regards,
Ted

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Chris,
Neat model of the universe! With detail like that you've just become the king of the rivet counters!!:D :D :D :D ;) ;)

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
That was awesome!
Ralph (who on closer inspection is a swirling array of protons and electrons!)

zeeglen

Thanks! Really puts the Grand Scheme into a perspective we can at least partially comprehend. Off topic? - so what!

interurban

Glad you all enjoyed that,, it blew my fuse, and thought you Lads and Lasses would get a blast too:D
Now where is that dang telescope;)

TR-Flyer

I've got a neat poster in the room over the garage, has a picture of the galaxy with an arrow and caption "You are here". Always liked watching the Carl Sagan "Cosmos" series and before that, Jacob Bronowski's "Assent of Man" series. Both give you a sense of just how vast, complex and beautiful the universe is, from the stars to your thumb.

Regards and regarding,
Ted (Just a collection of antiques and curios)

RailRon

Chris, get out that microscope, too!

(If you don't have one, I can lend a mic to you. Problem is only that you're living so miles from anywhere near me :D :D :D )

Ron