Off air for move

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Texman, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Texman

Texman Guest

I will be turning off the system for a couple of weeks while we do the retirement relocation thing. After 21 years of USAF, we have called it a career. I will still periodically check in from some random computer, but nothing regular for at least a couple of weeks. Take care of each other and see you on the civilian side of life!

2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

see ya soon Ray!

SEBRET Member

Congrats on retirement Ray. I would like to thank you for doing what im sure is probably a lot for your country. I'm actually leaving for USAF boot on the the 27th of the month, so I guess the both of us get to try and run cold turkey with out our handy dandy comps for a while. I have great respect for retired military and I hope I can do even half as much for our country that you guys have.

4. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

Congratulations on your retirement! I retired from the USN after 20 (in 2005) and it was quite the transition, but I'm sure you already know that!
  5. Ron Caudillo

Ron Caudillo Creative Advisory Consultant Moderator

Good Luck with the transition! I retired from the USAF in 1995 and boy was I in for a surprise! I'm getting ready for another move again, this time to Hamilton, OH.

I miss some of the old times still!

Best Regards,
  6. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

I retired from the Army in 1995. Had an awful time making the transition job-wise. The only thing I miss is some of the people. I do NOT miss weighins, PT, formations, deployments, lawn inspectors, police call, drug tests, GI parties, dog-and-pony shows, inspections, polygraphs......ah memories.
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Navy vet here....

If it moves grease it, if it don't, paint it!

Yes, I was a boatwains mate :)

Of course how many people can say they piloted a nuclear powered guided missile cruiser through a hurricane!

Uss South Carolina CGN-37 (now recycled) :(