Odd duck!!

Wouldn't this be a great model to do. I could start with Jordan's bus, and go from there! Anybody have a bettershot of this critter?

Also, anybody have any more info on this machine? Paul?

Attachments

• snw_plow.gif
    snw_plow.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 189

Vic

Its A Goose Not A Duck ....LOL!!!!!

Hey Drew, That's Rio Grande Southern work goose #6.

Just do a google search on it....there's plenty on it on the internet.

Re: Its A Goose Not A Duck ....LOL!!!!!

Originally posted by Vic
Hey Drew, That's Rio Grande Southern work goose #6.

Just do a google search on it....there's plenty on it on the internet.

Thanks Vic, I knew nothing about the 'odd duck' before, but your right, there is LOTS on the internet, about the Galloping Goose!! Even got me a few better pictures to go by. Now I just need to aquire one of them geese. Does any body know of any other HO kits to build, besides the Jordan bus?

Drew

jdh

yeah, i know what you mean about the price!

there was a great article on rolling your own in model railroader some years back [i can't even remember which decade, sorry].

someone may be able to remember it.

i guessed you were in ho, was that correct?
[i do from O to N]

goose

Drew, Shamus has had one for several years. They are quite simple to make, or bash. HAS to be simple or I wouldn't have been able to do it. To my knowledge, there is no real kit. I don't remember the brand ( it is well known ) but it was a boxcar kit, with instructions on how to modify to a Galloping Goose. First of all it looked pretty pathetic. Secondly it was an unpowered dummy.

Find an old HO size car or bus. Sometimes Hot Wheels has a Model A or T, an old Duesenberg, anything with that type front end. N scale wheels with a longer axle on the front. Use a cheap little diesel switcher motor and drive wheels for power and locate it into a small old-timey passenger car, which you have fastened onto the back of the car you are using the front of. A little imagination, and a mite of bashing, and voila!!!!

I have two I made, and if you are truly interested, email me and I can send pics. I don't know how to on the forum, but I can send email. The geese will break down to show how I put together.

Lynn

McFortner

Originally posted by Drew Toner
Anybody have a bettershot of this critter?

Check the pictures from my visit to the Colorado Railroad Museum that I posted here. They have 3 geese on display, including #6.

Hope this helps.

Michael

Scratch Goose

Lynn, I am truly interested in powering a goose. So if you would be so kind to share your photos of how and what, you got up the goose's a** to get it powered!!

To attach photos, just scrol, to just below the box your typing in to where it says attach file. Click on browse, and then you can find it on your hard drive, and attach it to your post. Our emal it if you feel better about that!

Thanks,

Drew

shamus

Registered Member
http://www.the-gauge.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=930&highlight=Galloping+Goose

There you go friend

Shamus
wink.gif