October, we have a winner

Discussion in 'Competitions & Challenges' started by ezdays, Nov 12, 2005.

1. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Yes sir, it went right down to the wire, but Dan Crowley took first place, and Kettlestack came in just one vote behind.:thumb::thumb:

There were a lot of good, no, great shots entered this time and I'm pleased that everyone that entered got at least one vote. A very impressive bunch of photos, everyone that entered should be proud.:D:D

Thanks to all that took the time to vote, and to those that were willing to share by entering.:wave::wave::wave::wave:
  2. Dan Crowley

Dan Crowley Member

I am honoured. Thanks. Hoprfully I can comeup with something for Christmas. I am working on a winter scene right now.
  3. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Congrats Dan! Also hat's off to Kettlestack and the others for some really nice entries! :)
  4. Marxed

Marxed Member

i went digging though the thread to find the pictures to look at, and Dan Crowley, your image link is dead... could you re-upload it and post it in here so we can all take another peak at it?
  5. Dan Crowley

Dan Crowley Member

I closed my Railmages account and the picture is now here!!!

6. Marxed

Marxed Member

awsome picture dan!

is that a HO scale?
  7. yellowlynn

yellowlynn Member

Dan, that was fabulous. I probably overstepped my bounds, but I've had your picture as my wallpaper for a week or so.

8. Dan Crowley

Dan Crowley Member

As far as I am concerned anything I post on the web is public domain. The fact you are using a picture as wallpaper is very flattering.

I am a long time N scaler. Anything that I post will always be an N scale model or scene.

Thanks for the praise.

9. Marxed

Marxed Member

N scale? that the inch tall ones, right? thats insane detail for that scale!
  10. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Congratulations, Dan!:thumb:
  11. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Congrats Guys!!!! Great Stuff!!!!
  12. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Since Dan's picture is lost, would you mind reposting it from your wallpaper?

13. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Yeah, I need it since I cannot post it in the Winner's circle in the Gallery until I have a copy.

This does fortify the fact that I think it is best to upload all your pics to the Gauge rather than relying on a third party to host them. Do both if you wish, but uploading them here insures that they will be the right size for viewing and will not get lost.:cool:
  14. Dan Crowley

Dan Crowley Member

I found the same picture on my website, but unfortunately my server is having problems today. I'll get a copy to you.
  15. 2slim

2slim Member

Was looking at the photo on my lunch hour and a couple of my co-workers asked if the picture was taken in Canada or Alaska. They thought I was kidding when I told them it was a model. In fact one of them swears he saw the same photo on a calendar someplace!! I have to admit I couldn't tell it was N, without you telling. My first guess was HO, mighty fine modeling Sir!! :thumb: :thumb:

16. kettlestack

kettlestack Member

Congrats Dan on a very well deserved win for such a superb bit of modeling.
    Frankly, mine had nothing like the detail (or effort) you must have put into yours.

All the others had something of interest to me that warrants a big thank you to all of you for posting your pics. :thumb: :thumb:

I'm enclosing a bottle of best Scottish Whiskey for all of you to share for your efforts :D :D

Attached Files: