October, we have a winner

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Yes sir, it went right down to the wire, but Dan Crowley took first place, and Kettlestack came in just one vote behind.:thumb::thumb:

There were a lot of good, no, great shots entered this time and I'm pleased that everyone that entered got at least one vote. A very impressive bunch of photos, everyone that entered should be proud.:D:D

Thanks to all that took the time to vote, and to those that were willing to share by entering.:wave::wave::wave::wave:

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
i went digging though the thread to find the pictures to look at, and Dan Crowley, your image link is dead... could you re-upload it and post it in here so we can all take another peak at it?

Dan Crowley

Aug 10, 2003
Canada
home.cablerocket.com
I closed my Railmages account and the picture is now here!!!

MU500041052.JPG

Dan Crowley

Aug 10, 2003
Canada
home.cablerocket.com
As far as I am concerned anything I post on the web is public domain. The fact you are using a picture as wallpaper is very flattering.

I am a long time N scaler. Anything that I post will always be an N scale model or scene.

Thanks for the praise.

Dan

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
Dan Crowley said:
As far as I am concerned anything I post on the web is public domain. The fact you are using a picture as wallpaper is very flattering.

I am a long time N scaler. Anything that I post will always be an N scale model or scene.

Thanks for the praise.

Dan

N scale? that the inch tall ones, right? thats insane detail for that scale!

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
MasonJar said:
Lynn,

Since Dan's picture is lost, would you mind reposting it from your wallpaper?

Thanks!

Andrew
Yeah, I need it since I cannot post it in the Winner's circle in the Gallery until I have a copy.

This does fortify the fact that I think it is best to upload all your pics to the Gauge rather than relying on a third party to host them. Do both if you wish, but uploading them here insures that they will be the right size for viewing and will not get lost.:cool:

2slim

Jan 16, 2004
Murray, UT
Visit site
Dan,
Was looking at the photo on my lunch hour and a couple of my co-workers asked if the picture was taken in Canada or Alaska. They thought I was kidding when I told them it was a model. In fact one of them swears he saw the same photo on a calendar someplace!! I have to admit I couldn't tell it was N, without you telling. My first guess was HO, mighty fine modeling Sir!! :thumb: :thumb:

2slim

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Congrats Dan on a very well deserved win for such a superb bit of modeling.
Frankly, mine had nothing like the detail (or effort) you must have put into yours.

All the others had something of interest to me that warrants a big thank you to all of you for posting your pics. :thumb: :thumb:

I'm enclosing a bottle of best Scottish Whiskey for all of you to share for your efforts :D :D

Errol

Attachments

• Glenlivet hooch.jpg
    Glenlivet hooch.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 37