Oct 05 Contest, scenery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Bear

Dec 28, 2003
South Alabama
www.route29.com
Pensacola and Gulf: The Early Years

Here is a picture from the 1890's showing a Pensacola and Gulf train passing the Mullet Point Lighthouse and a color view from another angle.

Attachments

• MVC-016F.JPG
    MVC-016F.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 57
  • MVC-015F-1.JPG
    MVC-015F-1.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 64

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
I just wish I could create hardwood trees as good as the ones in the previous photos! :cry:
As it is I'm stuck with conifers. Mind you, I'm sort of partial to the high country thing :) .
Here's the only photo I have of my models worth showing to others. Does the water tower count as a building? :D (I use the Oxford dictionary and it doesn't say one way or the other :D )

Errol

Attachments

• HOn3_diorama_1.jpg
    HOn3_diorama_1.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 65

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Hi Tyson, yes, I'm alive and fit as a fiddle (I think).
The photo is a small HO/HOn3 diorama. I've given up trying to build layouts, I have neither the space or the patience to make anything like as good as the ones depicted here in The Gauge. I seem to get so far then either loose interest or the whole shebang goes belly-up.

So for me, dioramas will just have to do (when I find time and inspiration).

Errol

pontiacsforever

Mar 16, 2005
Victoria, BC
Tunnel

Finally decided to post my first post - have been reading the forums for several months and am amazed at the modelling skills everyone has.

Here's a photo I took a while ago on my N-scale 2.5' x 5' layout. It's still a work in progress but this is one area of the layout I'm quite proud of. I built the retaining walls and tunnel portals out of scale lumber and the chain link fence is paperclip posts with tulle fabric superglued to the posts.

Hope to post more photos of my layout on the N-scale forum at some point.
smile.gif

Marc

Attachments

• tunnel2.jpg
    tunnel2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 84

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
I have been workind on my mountain range on the Feather River RR. So thought I would enter the contest, hope you all like my mountains...

Attachments

• Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 83
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 74
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 85

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Wow!! Impressive. I go away for a few days and find some really, really great stuff when I get back. :thumb::thumb:

Errol, I did say that buildings or structures are OK in the picture, but what we are focusing on is the scenery. BTW, good to see you here. The same goes for Tyson. :wave::wave:

I've got to get busy, only a few days left and I haven't even shot the pics I want to enter....:rolleyes:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Ok, here's my entry. Not much, but this is a vacation hidaway cabin in the woods. It's small, and the property was cheap since it was so close to the tracks,:eek: but the owner is happy. You can see him sitting on the porch watching the trains go by. :wave:

I did this right before we were getting ready to move, and I haven't had the time to clean it up, so what you see is what I got... right now anyway...:D:D

Attachments

• Cabin.jpg
    Cabin.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 78
  • Cabin2.jpg
    Cabin2.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 82
  • Cabin3.jpg
    Cabin3.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 78

Union Pacific

Oct 8, 2005
Virginia
well.. I was sitting here after I posted and decided to do a small thing I call "White Railroad" ;) lemme know what ya think

thanx, Ben

Attachments

• model railroading 007.jpg
    model railroading 007.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 67
Status
Not open for further replies.