Occupancy Feedback

werick

Jun 11, 2008
Hi Guys:

I'm new to the forum and need some advice. I have an N Scale model railroad based on the New York Ontario & Western in modern times. It runs around the circumference of two attic rooms.

It is computer controlled, using KAM software and Lenz DCC. I am using the following:

(1)- A LZV-100 Command Unit

(2)- 4 LS-150 turnout controllers. 6 outputs per controller

(3)- 4 LR-101 Occupancy Conrtrollers. 8 inputs per controller

(4)- 32 LB-101 Occupancy detectors.

(5)- 1 LK-100 Reverse Loop Module.

As you can see, This is quite a large system. The KAM software does a wonderful job of operating throttles and track occpancy.

My problem is Turnouts. The LS-150's don't have feedback. As a result, when first powering up the system. All turnouts have to be manually checked for proper orientation with the softaware. This is a pain with 24 turnouts. After that KAM takes over and it is not a problem. I'd like to make this more foolproof.

My thought is obtainging 4 more LR-101's and using the built in contacts of the Tortoises to indicate that the switch is thrown in either direction.

The only problem is, I don't know how to use this information within the program. If I use it for signal data. All it does is operate a signal on the screen. It really doesn't do anything to co ordinate the switch.

I know there are alot of turnout controllers out there with feedback. How do you guys accomplish this?

Thanks
Warren