O scale layout web site

michael l

all,

the layout does not sit directly on the ground! i have installed 1/2" t nuts and bolts to use as a type of leveling system...

since i was a one man show, so to speak. when i was building the benchwork i had to figure out a way to level a table without help...

you just screw in the legs to the table, turn the table over and level it via the "jacks" in each leg...

thanks for the great questions!

have had over 1200 hits on the site! launced it exactly one month ago today!

thanks again

------------------
michael l.

michael l

all,

sorry it has been a while. house projects have taken me away from trains for a little while.. so updated web site pics coming soon! i promise... did not want too much time to go by with no word..

been working on new buildings for the town, layout of the town,
couple GN steam engines, couple new freight cars, laying some more track and wiring.. so i will have pics soon..

thanks again,

www.geocities.com/mluczak_xab/oscale.html

michael l

hey everyone,

i just "leased" some eastern motive power for the fall rush...

for all you NYC and C&O fans, keep an eye on the web site tomorrow(8/30).

NYC hudson will make an appearance.
C&O H-6 will also do some duty.

the hudson is actually for sale everyone.. kohs does not have these in stock any longer. mint condtion, below retail! details and pics tomorrow on the site.

thanks for all the support,

www.geocities.com/mluczak_xab/oscale.html

michael l

that leased motive power,

pics available on the web site today...

NEW PIC PAGE...

also, Kohs NYC hudson for sale.. below retail.

thanks all,

Drew1125

Those are some great looking locomotives you've got Michael!
I've never heard of vinylbed... Is that something that's commercially available?

michael l

charlie,

thanks,

the NYC and C&O are not mine..

vinylbed is a commercially available product.. the company name is
hobby innovations.. they advertise in O scale 2 rail and 3 rail mags..

will never warp, or crumble. made out of recycled carpet backing i think... quiets the layout down dramatically... i used brads to put it down instead of glue... i wanted to be able to salvage most of it if i ever had to move... glue would even decrease the sound more!

thanks again, the layout is coming along nicely..

michael

roryglasgow

There it is!

Thanks! I don't know why I missed it earlier... The new buildings are pretty cool, and as always, so are the engines!

-Rory

Woodie

New Pics Page

Micahel,

I just added 1 to your new pics page stats. You've been doing lots of work! Those building. are they plastic or cardstock or scratchbuilt?

michael l

woodie and rory,

thanks! i just finished the cc crow wolf creek saloon. and it is nnow part of the town as well... with full interior.

all the true buildings are plaster kits. 3 of them have full interior, 4 now with the saloon... the false fronts are actually plastic, that i am "updating" those are not done yet.. they will sit out from the wall about 1" and have some interior in some of those rooms..

thanks again.

oh, the plaster kits are all made by downtown deco... very, nice kits!

Woodie

A PUB!

As I've always said. "where there is a railway, there is a pub":cool:

"I'll have three beers and a large whiskey"

Could just see myself sittng in there, watching the steam go by!

Looks good, especially the pinnie machine. Does it take quarters? :cool: