o.s. .15 cvrx motor

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by firebird9t2, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firebird9t2

firebird9t2 New Member

i just purchased a o.s. .15 cvrx engine yesterday and when i got home my friend got to it before i did. needless to say the settings were all off. we tried and tried but we couldnt figure out how to get it running. we did manage to get it started once but only by pushing in the throttle. i know some by my knowledge is limited with engines. could someone tell me the factory settings on it. and any tips or advice about this engine would be much apreciated. i could use all the help i could get. thanks
  2. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

go to www.osengines.com that site has adobe files for every engine that they make. click on manuals and then select the engine you have and you will find your settings. The os factory settings are usually good for the first startup but if you still cant get it started try leaning the lsn needle on the side of the carb 1/8th of a turn clockwise. once the engine starts you can turn it back 1/8 and complete the breakin and once breakin is complete you can fine tune it.

read the manual completely a few times so that you fully understand what is is saying before you do anything.
  3. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

go to www.osengines.com that site has adobe files for every engine that they make. click on manuals and then select the engine you have and you will find your settings. The os factory settings are usually good for the first startup but if you still cant get it started try leaning the lsn needle on the side of the carb 1/8th of a turn clockwise. once the engine starts you can turn it back 1/8 and complete the breakin and once breakin is complete you can fine tune it.

read the manual completely a few times so that you fully understand what it is saying before you do anything.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.