O Gauge Under Attack!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Renovo PPR, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

I thought I went to the wrong place at first. Then I though I was reading about the Cold War with all the Marx and AF threads. :D

It is great to see so many new and updated threads here.announce1

It is cool to see some new people and even read about that old stuff I hope you all keep it going.

I did see one thread that said Williams engines run pretty smooth. I will agree but then I bought some new Lionel and MTH engines and well -------------.

The newer stuff from Lionel and MTH runs like a swiss time piece. My new Williams runs like the old twin tub washing machine. :D
  2. simmonds

simmonds Member

Yeah I know what you mean. I went to be one night and when I awoke I saw a million threads in a row related to American Flyer trains...all from different users! WOW! Dont get me wrong, I love AF stuff. In fact good ole' Gilbert and his S gauge smoking and chuffing locos is what rekindled my love for toy trains although now I pretty much buy and run O gauge.

As far a Williams trains running like 'the old twin tub washing machine', I bet that ole washing machine will still be running long after the MTH and NEW lionel gets layed to rest :) Seriously though, I think all the modern companies are building great trains today. I only wish they would bring back production to the United States. Chris
  3. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

I can't comment on anything Williams since the only Williams item I have is a lighted Norfolk & Western caboose that my wife bought for me. (It's bigger than my beep! :D )

It is cool to see this part of the forum so active though.
  4. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Yes it is great to see all the activity and it isn’t even Christmas. The twin tubs do still work just like the Williams.

I sure do miss American build in most everything today, however I’m not too sure I could afford to buy things made in America.

I’m still an old Lionel guy at heart when it comes to post war trains. However I am willing to learn about that AF stuff too.

[FONT=&quot]After all train is trains no matter how you look at them.[/FONT]
  5. Dave Farquhar

Dave Farquhar Member

AF is nice. I try to stay away from it because I know I'd get hooked on it if I didn't, and I just don't have room for everything. I had an AF starter set from the early '60s that I picked up pretty cheap and I played with it for a while. It was a very smooth runner and the quality of everything was really good. I traded it for some Marx, and every time I see more AF at a good price it's really hard to say no to it.