"O" Gage Trees

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Mexico, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Mexico

Mexico Member

Hi Guys,

Where can I find O gage trees for my layout on the Internet?
    I live in Mexico so I need to get them from the Internet. I looked everywhere for them and couldn't find a place.
    If someone knows the size in inches maybe I could make them.

Thanks for your help :)
  2. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

I understand O gauge is 1/48 scale. So a 50 foot tree would be about 12.5 inches. Any "real" O gaugers please chime in...
  3. Mexico

Mexico Member

My shelf layout looked funny without some trees in the back of the track and friends have been asking where are the trees. I think they are right so I'm up to making some if I can't buy them.

Thanks for your help

See you around my friend :wave:
  4. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

O scale or guage is 1/48 so 1" = 4 scale feet.

Here is one place to check out for trees

Scenic Express! The Largest Selection of Scale Model Railroad Scenery on the Web.

Also wathers has tress, also remember HO trees can be young O gauge trees.

I Have also made many tress on my layout from both natural materials and artificial material.

I use weeds that look like these
    spray them with air spray to sill them and then paint them

I will spray paint a bunch of them at once. That way the over spray will cover other trees

:thumb: :wave:
  5. nkp174

nkp174 Active Member

Good Luck Mexico! I love the spirit of making your own if you can't find what you want...you might want to try General Talk or Scratchin' & Bashin'...if you'd like tips. I'm an On3er...but I'm more of a rolling stock builder than a scenery/layout guru. There are plenty of On30ers...and they also are into making lots of things...such as trees.

Hasta Luego!
  6. Mexico

Mexico Member

Thanks Spankybird,

You sure have a nice layout and I can see you've put a lot of time into it.

If you didn't see my shelf layout take a look. http://forum.zealot.com/t152349/#post749200 starts at #12

If you have any ideas for mine let me know, it looks a little plain but it's cute.

Thanks again
  7. nkp174

nkp174 Active Member

If you're still looking for brick size...I have a cut-stone depot kit...and I could measure its brick size.
  8. Mexico

Mexico Member

I already have them made and they are up, look at my pictures.

Thanks anyway

This is a great place for help don't know what I would have done with out the nice people that are here.
  9. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

You might want to google "Shamus" or "Paul Templar" - he moved to O scale and has scratch built some tall (tall!!) pines for his logging-themed layout.

EDIT - here's a link - New Page 1

10. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

Thank You, as any layout, it is never really done. Also something to add or change, That's way they call it Work on the Railroad!

Here is a site that you may wish to visit.

11. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

12. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

13. Mexico

Mexico Member

Those sites were very interesting I liked the Cliffhangers I'll have to write to them and ask about their prices. Great post you made and I'll have to go back and really look them over.

14. Mexico

Mexico Member

Looks like I'll find some good ideas from the new page you posted.

The two of you have been a great help to me thanks for all your help. I have gone everywhere trying to find ideas and you guys found them for me.

Thanks so much
  15. Mauiman

Mauiman Member

If could... Please do pass the word to the guy that he has been doing wonderful on the track..

On further note after seing the naked women I am pronouncing him as what I call "Saloon-Laboon" Meaning; A man whom obsesses over naked women -or- a woman whom obsesses over naked men.