Nwe Paint on Old Loco

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
New Paint on Old Loco

Hi gang! :cool:

Well It's been a while since I got to do some work on my rolling stock. I aint touched this fella for almost 6 months now. :cry: Got out the ol; air brush and gave my Alco engine a spray. :thumb: Still not happy with the way it looks, but it's better than no paint. Gave the tender I bashed for it a squirt too. I need to work on the rust some more. Not rusty enough. :rolleyes:

alco___tender.jpg

Looks real keen all one color though. Maybe I should add some texture where the rust is bad?

alco_engine.jpg

What do you think so far? :confused:

Anyone else got a rusty engine?

TrainClown :wave:

t. alexander

Jun 20, 2002
Attalla Al.
Visit site
TC, Looks rusty enough for me. I think she's ready for a number and company advertising. Then some soot & weather streaks.
That is a gem of an engine btw. I love the lamp and brackets.

t.

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
Thanks for the kind comments you guys. :) I still want a better rusted look to the engine yet. Maybe some moss growing in the odd spot. :eek:

Tyson: It's all standard gauge. I like the look of the big stacks from the old wood burning days. I know it's large, but that's the way it came out. My first stack too. The lamp didn't look large when I was building it, but after installation, I almost chucked it for being to big. But I looked at some stuff on the net and found some lamps, especially the older ones, are larger, due to the relatively poor light sours. I still have to fit the stack to the boiler better.
Here is a stack that came with my Climax model from Roundhouse. It now sits atop the boiler that use to be in front of the cab I volunteered for the Alco. This is a Climax in the scratching. Okay okay, I know the lamp needs sanding. :D
climax_boiler.jpg

JBBVry: I'm not sure who made it. Some fellows on the Gauge told me it was probably a Rivossorie (sp) and it could be I guess. It has "Made in Italy" in a few places.

Glen: I just attacked her with rust paint and a paint brush. That's the way it stands now, but I have some other ideas I want to try. Check this post later to see how it comes out. :rolleyes:

TrainClown :wave: