Nwe Paint on Old Loco

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by TrainClown, Jul 28, 2004.

1. TrainClown

TrainClown Member

New Paint on Old Loco

Hi gang! :cool:

Well It's been a while since I got to do some work on my rolling stock. I aint touched this fella for almost 6 months now. :cry: Got out the ol; air brush and gave my Alco engine a spray. :thumb: Still not happy with the way it looks, but it's better than no paint. Gave the tender I bashed for it a squirt too. I need to work on the rust some more. Not rusty enough. :rolleyes:

Looks real keen all one color though. Maybe I should add some texture where the rust is bad?

What do you think so far? :confused:

Anyone else got a rusty engine?

TrainClown :wave:
  2. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

:thumb: X4 Fred
  3. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Looks great to me as is TC!
  4. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

TC the paint and rust look great. I'm trying to figure out if it's a narrow gauge or standard gauge. The headlight and smokestack size to boiler look NG but the cab to boiler size look SG. :confused:
  5. t. alexander

t. alexander Member

TC, Looks rusty enough for me. I think she's ready for a number and company advertising. Then some soot & weather streaks.
    That is a gem of an engine btw. I love the lamp and brackets.

6. JBBVry

JBBVry Member

looks great who made her?
  7. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

Looks good TC, could you tell us how you rusted her? I'm always looking for new weathering techneics.
  8. TrainClown

TrainClown Member

Thanks for the kind comments you guys. :) I still want a better rusted look to the engine yet. Maybe some moss growing in the odd spot. :eek:

Tyson: It's all standard gauge. I like the look of the big stacks from the old wood burning days. I know it's large, but that's the way it came out. My first stack too. The lamp didn't look large when I was building it, but after installation, I almost chucked it for being to big. But I looked at some stuff on the net and found some lamps, especially the older ones, are larger, due to the relatively poor light sours. I still have to fit the stack to the boiler better.
    Here is a stack that came with my Climax model from Roundhouse. It now sits atop the boiler that use to be in front of the cab I volunteered for the Alco. This is a Climax in the scratching. Okay okay, I know the lamp needs sanding. :D

JBBVry: I'm not sure who made it. Some fellows on the Gauge told me it was probably a Rivossorie (sp) and it could be I guess. It has "Made in Italy" in a few places.

Glen: I just attacked her with rust paint and a paint brush. That's the way it stands now, but I have some other ideas I want to try. Check this post later to see how it comes out. :rolleyes:

TrainClown :wave: