Nuther one for the Grande Valley

C

Catt

Heres a sneak preview of the latest addition to the GVR.It started out as the DPM Gold Kit Woods Furniture.It is now 1 1/2" wider and 1 1/8" longer.Everything that shows as black or white is scratchbuilt.Thr blue part is the origonal kit.

if your wondering why I did this its because I like BIG buildings:D

acmodel1.jpg

acmodel2.jpg

acmodel3.jpg

acmodel4.jpg

By the way kit dimensions are 11" by 7" so its not a little building to start with.

Now THAT is a BIG building!!! Did DPM supply the doors and windows?
Shouldn't it be a train of ore cars parked alongside? ... I thought unobtanium was the main shipping product of the region! :D

I'm looking forward to seeing it in all its finished glory.

Errol

C

Catt

No this is ALAN CURTIS MODELS or rather the American plant for ACM.:D (Alan makes N scale intermodal products in England)

Drew1125

Wow, Catt!!
I love it!!
Makes me feel kinda insignificant, though...You & Robin are churning out these great factories, & I'm still workin' on the same little food plant kitbash...:( (and Shamus...well, he's big-leaguein' all of us! :) )
I'm inspired by your efforts, though...
Keep 'em coming!
Looks great!:cool:

C

Catt

Hey Charlie ,

acmodel3.jpg

Ya see that little black blob in the upper lefthand corner? You are the inspiration for that little feller.

Now he's only 140' long and 40' tall but that little blue square you see is a recessed loading dock that is just over 40' long.

Now all I need to do is figure out what the heck your making in there.:confused: :D

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Great work as always Catt. Now that you are also producing Brit stuff as well as the Canuck stuff then for the other factory with the recessed dock could be an interesting challenge to find what other NARA modellers want you to make for them.
FUN STUFF

Drew1125

Catt...
Looks like you have the beginings of an entire industrial park there!:cool:
As far as what I'm making...right now I'm making a factory of my own...so how about builders' supplies?

Drew1125

Hey Catt,
Since my given name is Andrew, & it's a little more formal than "Charlie", how about caklling it "Andrews Builders Sopply"?
I like the sound of that...if it's OK with you...or maybe you have a better idea?:)

C

Catt

CHARLIE???? It's your company.If thats what you want to call it that's what it's called :D .