Nuther boxcab,this'uns a tiny one

C

Catt

Here' some pix of the newest critter outta the GVR backshops,it ain't done yet but she's a roller.

boxcaba.jpg

boxcabb.jpg

This little critter is done in 0n30.Except for the mechanism(KATO NW-2) and the grille(Athearn Hustler) everything is scratchbuilt.

Since I had most of this project just laying around I have less than $5.00 in this project so far.:D :D

Now I need to do a caboose to go with her,and maybe some freight cars too.

Oh yeah,the tiny part,she's 24' long over the footboards.

C

Catt

Not yet Tyson. The N scale layout is the priority at home. Once that is operational then I will build the 0n30 layout.

The 0n30 layout will be a modern day narrow gauge shortline/tourist trap railroad layout. ( gives me a place to use all those 1/43 scale diecast cars and trucks).

I either need less hobbies or one more hobby of keeping track of my hobbies.:D :D

I just priced out the 0 scale layout that I really want to build,Actually I quit pricing when I hit $15,000 and had not factored in layout building materials yet.:( :( (Love that ATLAS O stuff)

C

Catt

The B&O had an electric boxcab that is 15' long.It replaced one that was 12'long.

If your into 0n30 something that small is called a "Critter".

Come to think of it the Grandt line boxcabs are Critters,seems to me like Cliff did an O scale version.

The older Bachmann 44 ton centercab and 70 ton endcab GEs are purrfect for 0n30 critters as they have two seperate powertrucks.

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Hi Catt, Don't know if you heard or not but Cliff Grandt passed away back in March. The last issue of NG&SLG had several memorials to him. I met him once at an NMRA convention and gave him some decals I had customed made for the East Terrible Mining Co.(one of the Gold Line building kits he produced). Don't know if he ever used them but he sure was "tickled" with them. Our hobby has lost one its "greats".

C

Catt

Yeah Vic, I heard. I agree with you 100% we have definately lost one of our great ones.:(

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
ETMC

HeyCatt...just a quick shot of the decal for the East Terrible Mining Co. Y'all get back to boxcabs!!!:D :D

Attachments

• etmc.jpg
    etmc.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 124