ntc3 wont start help please

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by shannonmcb, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shannonmcb

shannonmcb Member

hey guys i'm new to nitro and i have an ntc3 that will not start for some reason i bought the car not running. so i put a pull cord on it a new glow plug set all the carb settings back to stock and it still wont start oh and cleaned the air filter

any idea's
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Check the glowplug warmer to see if it is lighting the glow plug up. IS there fuel getting to the carb? If there is a primer on the tank press it tell the fuel comes to the carb and then stop and then try starting it. It might be flooded also just take your glow plug back out and then turn it upside down and pull the cord tell excess fuel comes out of the head. 1 other thing that could be is the engine is old and might need a new piston and sleeve.
  3. digdug72

digdug72 Member

Try replacing the fuel lines too, may be letting in air somewhere, and what DJ said
  4. redheat

redheat Member

Are you getting fuel to the carb.? Whats your compression like and did the engine run before you purchased the car? RED
  5. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Hey red Long time no see :D
  6. nitrohonda

nitrohonda Guest

i kinda had the same prob but with my tc3 the lines were leting in air once i fixed that i properly tuned it and it is a rocket now oh yeah covert your motor to a bump start cuz pull start can be a pain in the azz!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.