NSR paint scheme

McFortner

I'm working on the plan for my New Southern Railroad and I need some help picking which paint scheme works best. Here are the four I've come up with so far. The colors for the NSR are TEAL and BLACK. Pick one, or suggest one of your own! I appreciate your suggestions/comments.

Michael

Tyson Rayles

I voted for #4 as I felt it looked the most prototypical. However IMHO it would look more proto with the "flag" removed. Love the color sceme. :)

McFortner

Originally posted by Tyson Rayles
I voted for #4 as I felt it looked the most prototypical. However IMHO it would look more proto with the "flag" removed. Love the color sceme. :)

So you are thinking something like this?

Attachments

• nsr 5.jpg
    nsr 5.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 86

Tyson Rayles

Right! That does look more proto, especially for 40's/50's and on up to today. Also the blue "flag" kinda clashes with the teal paint. Just my opinion, please don't take me too serious. It's your R.R. go with what makes you happy.

brakie

Blake,Do I see a hint of the Monon with that scheme? Very sharp looking car.:D

Mac,I to would dump the star-ask me why in the chat room or by PM...:D However my friend it is your railroad..You do the car that pleases you the most.:D

Blake

Very sharp Brakie!! Upper stripe : Monon
Italic slogan on a slant : CB&Q
Hash marks on the bottom (second car) : GN

Have I decaled too many freight cars yet???!!!:D :D :D

Hey Mac right think the first one blake posted has something there and the star would have to go don't know why maybe brakie knows:D :D rich