Np 75273

Discussion in 'Weathering Forum' started by cnw1961, Jan 28, 2007.

1. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

Just one picture of a PS2 covered hopper I weathered some time ago. I used thinned black paint applied with a paintbrush. For the rusty spots I applied some matt clear paint and sprinkled chalk onto it while is was still wet.

I am sorry to say, that the background is not my layout, it is Photoshop :D.

2. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

That is really well done! The rust looks great. How did you photoshop that so well? The whole picture looks almost perfect!
  3. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

Looks like someone's trying to emulate Mellow Mike! :D It looks great! Let's see some more! :thumb:
  4. Nazgul

Nazgul Active Member

jawdrop Kurt....WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!
    I just bought a NP covered hopper and will be weathering I have a perfect pic to use as a guide!:thumb: :thumb:
    Kurt, you always amaze me...
    Beautiful work!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  5. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Nice lookin' weathering job, Kurt, :thumb: and a nice job on the background, too. Who makes the car?

6. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

Thank you guys, for your nice comments. Herc, the trick is use a background that offers a lot of contrast to the color of the car when you take the photo. That makes it easy to cut out the car in Photoshop and place it in front of another background. Miles, thank you for the link. Man, this guy must spend all his time weathering cars. Steve, I am looking forward to see your hopper. Wayne, it’s a Kadee. I really like this car for its very fine details. But unless I can find a good offer on ebay, it will remain my only Kadee covered hopper. I think they are too expensive.
  7. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Kurt!:wave:WOW!!!:eek:, NO, wait, i mean WOW!!!:eek: a TRULY AWESOME JOB on that hopper!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Am i surprised?:confused:...HARDLY!:D i have yet to find ANY of YOUR work that was nothing short of TOP NOTCH!!!;):thumb::D i cant wait to see the next one you put on here!:thumb: GREAT JOB KURT!:D-Deano
  8. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

Deano, thank you for your kind response to my first serious attempt on weathering a freight car. :wave: