Now comes the sad news on Mizuirogakuen...

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
Looks like Suiraku has decided to discontinue designing models (possibly due to copyright issues)... PLEASE TELL ME MY JAPANESE TRANSLATION WAS WRONG!!! ANYONE!!!

'Nonchalant during June of this year color of the sea school.'It ends activity.

In beginning, the harassment and legal trouble, the physical condition defectiveness of water ease, and so on in the reason altogether it is not.

It is the main reason of activity end, but the biggest reason is “copyright problem”.
The beginning when the sight is started with the feeling that made with anything is made regardless with the individual stealthily, in the air. While long time keeping continuing, in order to be able to perceive even from the quantity of HIT, it became “stealthily” far ones. There are very many accesses even from the foreign country, the work which praises the copyright comes out from the certain place, (the □;)From the certain magazine way receiving the story of introduction and/or (refusing very excuse m (_ _ which is not) m) with above thinking, it has been conspicuous it seems, is.
A lot of “non profit” “non commercial business” say, the copyright which this way forever yearly has become harsh, ignoring the copyright, as for it keeps making meanderingly, being [kibishii] story as expected. Above having become fixed as [pepakurasaito] of copyright [animekiyara], it is the problem which cannot be separated (_-_)

In addition partly due to the fact that it limits to the type, “distribution”, width because it depends digitally, most modelling processes as a “paper construction” the narrow [me] [te] there is also an impression of putting away. In regard to the snow bloom 綺 crystal, the kana etc which can express the soft atmosphere where with the free hand the paper it cut, if volume it raised made the hair and the natural completion, more fluffily it did. . Gradually it is necessary to expand the width in such technical aspect it is you felt the kana which is not.

Circumstances release of capacity way does not become delicate, very much how there is maintenance of re-release, (_.))

Now when with such a “snow bloom 綺 crystal” “[asurada]” is finished such a thought the turning point, had decided to end creation activity as a color of the sea school.
(translation from BBS section)

Any of you think there's a chance to change his mind if all this is true?

allhallowseve

Jul 13, 2005
What.. that a shame :(

he has some great model !!! i can't tell by the post if he's keeping his is site up ???
there seen to a lot of this going around :(

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
I'm pretty sure the site won't be down, but for now I'm not expecting any updates in the near future... 残念... It's hard to find another site like this one.

M

Mark_1984

Very sad indeed - do you think it's the Anime companies who created the characters that are complaining ?

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
I suppose so... Who else would care? Suiraku also says he is having some problems with his health...

Stev0

Jan 30, 2006
Could be that someone is misinformed about the nature of the models. It only takes one person to say somethings being used for profit to shut the whole deal down. Well Mizuirogakuen will just have to create something 'similar' to what is out there.

The sad part about this is how many models are removed from public that actually benefit the subject matter like anime. I would be more interested in something if I already had familiarity with it.

C'est la vie.

M

Mark_1984

Who was it said, "leave the fans alone and they'll make you rich ?" Fan art does a lot to promote a subject.

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
Okay so things are not that bad after all... Suiraku replied saying there will still be new models, but they will all be original so no copyright thingies whatsoever. Good news...

M

Mark_1984

Good news indeed - his original models are just as good as the 'branded' ones

MOS95B

Feb 19, 2007
Robbinsdale MN USA
www.mos95b.com
I have yet to gather the courage to try an anime model, but these were definitely on the list. Glad to hear there still be some coming, for once I do get the courage.

Mark_1984 said:
Who was it said, "leave the fans alone and they'll make you rich ?" Fan art does a lot to promote a subject.

rickstef said:
Gene Roddenberry to George Lucas

The Great Bird of the Galaxy definitely understood fan art. If it weren't for us (yep, I'm a big time Star Trek nerd for as long as I can remember) Star Trek would have died in the Sixties. As long as there are fans who respect the original and its creator(s), anything can last forever

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
Mizuirogakuen finally down...............

For some reason............
Not sure if it'll ever be up again.

allhallowseve

Jul 13, 2005
all that work gone ..

Papercraft [pepahuigiyuasaito]
'Nonchalant color of the sea school.'
It was active ended.

Last update2007.06.06

Z

Zathros

I archived all the figurine models. The artform is almost a flash in the pan. I think it is good to get the models while you can that way if big brother says no at least they are still out there.

M

Mark_1984

I've deleted a couple of posts here. One appeared to be a site offering pirate downloads and one proposing to share files without the authors permission, neither of which is acceptable on this site.

Cheers
Mark