Now comes the sad news on Mizuirogakuen...

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, Figurines & Paperdolls' started by Lex, May 28, 2007.

1. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Looks like Suiraku has decided to discontinue designing models (possibly due to copyright issues)... PLEASE TELL ME MY JAPANESE TRANSLATION WAS WRONG!!! ANYONE!!!

(translation from BBS section)

Any of you think there's a chance to change his mind if all this is true?
  2. Wow. I don't know what to say to that. What a loss!
  3. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

What.. that a shame :(

he has some great model !!! i can't tell by the post if he's keeping his is site up ???
    there seen to a lot of this going around :(
  4. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I'm pretty sure the site won't be down, but for now I'm not expecting any updates in the near future... 残念... It's hard to find another site like this one.
  5. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Very sad indeed - do you think it's the Anime companies who created the characters that are complaining ?
  6. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I suppose so... Who else would care? Suiraku also says he is having some problems with his health...
  7. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Could be that someone is misinformed about the nature of the models. It only takes one person to say somethings being used for profit to shut the whole deal down. Well Mizuirogakuen will just have to create something 'similar' to what is out there.

The sad part about this is how many models are removed from public that actually benefit the subject matter like anime. I would be more interested in something if I already had familiarity with it.

C'est la vie.
  8. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Who was it said, "leave the fans alone and they'll make you rich ?" Fan art does a lot to promote a subject.
  9. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Gene Roddenberry to George Lucas
  10. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Okay so things are not that bad after all... Suiraku replied saying there will still be new models, but they will all be original so no copyright thingies whatsoever. Good news...
  11. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Good news indeed - his original models are just as good as the 'branded' ones
  12. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I have yet to gather the courage to try an anime model, but these were definitely on the list. Glad to hear there still be some coming, for once I do get the courage.

The Great Bird of the Galaxy definitely understood fan art. If it weren't for us (yep, I'm a big time Star Trek nerd for as long as I can remember) Star Trek would have died in the Sixties. As long as there are fans who respect the original and its creator(s), anything can last forever
  13. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Mizuirogakuen finally down...............

For some reason............
    Not sure if it'll ever be up again.
  14. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

all that work gone ..

Papercraft [pepahuigiyuasaito]
    'Nonchalant color of the sea school.'
    It was active ended.

Last update2007.06.06
  15. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Guess that's called "closed indefinitely"...
  16. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I archived all the figurine models. The artform is almost a flash in the pan. I think it is good to get the models while you can that way if big brother says no at least they are still out there.
  17. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

I've deleted a couple of posts here. One appeared to be a site offering pirate downloads and one proposing to share files without the authors permission, neither of which is acceptable on this site.