Nova Scotia Northern Progress

grumbeast

Jan 13, 2003
Dartmouth, N.S. Canada
www.accesswave.ca
Well here are more photos, while I had the camera I thought I'd take a few quickly of my home layout (still very very much a work in progress.. no sections are finished yet). I should've had some trains on the layout for the pics but I didn't have much time sorry!

Graham

Here is the engine servicing facility

Attachments

• engine servicing 2.jpg
    engine servicing 2.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 195

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
That's a finely built area Graham. I can imagine it with rolling stock on it....(but need pics :) ).

I see you are like me as far as ballasting goes, I chicken out of ballasting switches! :eek: :D :D .

Do keep posting pics though, I like the way your's is turning out.

Errol

grumbeast

Jan 13, 2003
Dartmouth, N.S. Canada
www.accesswave.ca
Got interupted when posting pics.. here are more!
and your right.. I also chicken out of ballasting switches!

Here is the site of the future "bluebell chocolates" factory.
Lots of operating potential and a great load for the gauge
boxcar!

Attachments

• future choc fact.jpg
    future choc fact.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 175

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
WOW!!

My goodness! your firt pic gave me the impression it was a single board layout Graham. That's a Huge layout by my reckoning!

A splendid job you've made of the sea front, from the wall and the effect of the water and cliffs in the background.

Your LPP's must know about how I drive my staff!!:D :D but then, when I chastise them they just freeze and say nothing :) .

Thanks for the pics sir.

Errol

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
I love it!

I wish I were that far along. I got a lot of stuff in boxes. I like the feel of the tracks going thru the towns. Your sea wall is beautiful- calm waters in the bay.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Mark

SD90

May 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Wow! That's some good modeling, do you have a track plan? I like the lake, it looks really good, is it Envirotex?

Mike.

PS, more pictures please!

grumbeast

Jan 13, 2003
Dartmouth, N.S. Canada
www.accesswave.ca
SD90,

I'll try and put a track plan tgether, although its evolving a bit.

the water is actually painted plaster with four or five coats of varathane (I recently refinished a floor so I thought I would try it

Thanks for the comments!! I'll get more pics as I make progress and borrow a camera!!