Nov 16, 2007 Weekly Foto Phun!

jesso

Jul 21, 2006
Washington, Utah
www.thetechfamily.com
I'll start it this week, I hope no one else has done one!

Ever since I built Mooreway's house, he has been very happy that he can go in his backyard and take pictures of trains!

back.jpg

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Scott...I love that section of your layout!:thumb:...heck, I love the whole thing!!!:winker:

Speaking of houses...

Kurt sent me one of his scratch-built houses in "kit" form....for those of you who missed this little gem here it is:

http://forum.zealot.com/t151596/

He did all the cutting and test fitting. He even partially built the porch in 3 sections for easy installation :winker:.

I glued it all together, painted it (and the bricks) and made the roof material and window shades. It was a fun joint-venture:thumb:

photos0822.jpg

photos0772.jpg

photos0862.jpg

photos0472.jpg

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Here's an interesting shot of the side of the roadbed.
And the new LED signals they installed all along the line.
CNR is double tracking the section between two current double track bits (or are they passing sidings?) The signals for this point, which is still a double to single track junction) used to be a couple of hundred yards behind me and were only 2 heads.

Attachments

• BramptonRoadbed0479.jpg
    BramptonRoadbed0479.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 9
  • BramptonSignals0480.jpg
    BramptonSignals0480.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 12

DeckRoid

Apr 28, 2007
Caldwell, ID
Nice pics so far!

Here is the beginning of my scenicking...
pinky1.jpg

Here we have a noticeable seam, which going to be a road. I just wanted to see if I could "grass" it down. Nope. Needed a road thru that area anyway.
pinky2.jpg

And here we have a little side by side action. Ok, posing, no action. I only have the passenger engines. No passenger cars yet. Gotta go slow, lest we bring down the wrath of the wife. But its ok, I got more scenicking to do before I am ready for 10 - 14 passenger cars! :p Gotta take it slow.
pinky3.jpg

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
DeckRoid....Nice work......and nice ENGINES!!!:thumb::winker:

NP all the way!:twisted:

photos0242.jpg

DeckRoid

Apr 28, 2007
Caldwell, ID
Steve,

Nice F3 and very nice butter knife! Your butter knife even has the steam generators. They are missing on my F9s, or so I was told by the rivet counter at my club.

Did you add/paint any extra goodies to your engines? I am thinking of getting the Walther's F series Super Detail Kit but I need to keep my mind to building my mountain... can't get sidetracked.

mooreway

Jan 31, 2007
St George, UT
www.mooreway.com
Nice to see I have home on your layout Jesso.

Nagul nice house

Deckroid Locos look great.

Jesso has been giving me some photo lessons, Here is M of W shed I have been working on in N scale.

Attachments

• maint_shed_1001.jpg
    maint_shed_1001.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 194

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Scott, NICE SHOT!:thumb: GREAT scene to start off this weeks thread:winki::mrgreen:

Steve, OUTSTANDING JOB on the house:bravo: , Nice shot of your F units too!:thumb::mrgreen:

TrainNut, GREAT shot of the mudhen:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Ralph, NICE SHOT!!:thumb: your layout is AWESOME!:winki::mrgreen: .

David, NICE proto shots!:thumb::thumb:

DeckRoid, looks like your off to a good start on your scenicing:thumb: , NICE shots of the F units too:thumb::mrgreen:

mooreway, NICE SHED!!!:thumb::thumb:

NEW ENGINE...
i picked up two engines at the Milwaukee show last week, i posted the Rio Grande SD40-T2 last week:thumb: , heres the other one i bought, its a BLI SD7:mrgreen: . the FIRST pic has the SD7 with a GP7 behind it, the second pic is the SD7 alone:smilie: .
:deano: -Deano
sd7gp7.JPG

SD7.JPG

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Great start again this week.
Scott, love that bungalow – is it scratch built?
Trainnut, that is really a good one.
Ralph, great scene :thumb:.
DeckRoid, good start to scenery.
Steve, seeing this photo, I hope you did a lot of pictures before you dismantled the layout :wave:.
mooreway, nice shed.
Deano, I love your new SD7, a very impressive engine :thumb:.
Mark, absolutely fabulous shot :thumb::thumb:.

171107-1.jpg

jesso

Jul 21, 2006
Washington, Utah
www.thetechfamily.com
Steve - Great Job on the House! :thumb:

TrainNut - Nice Engine! That is one big snowplow!

Ralph - Great Scene! I love the bridge area! :thumb:

David - LED Signals, wish I could get some of those for my layout!

Deckroid - Good Job! Nice engines! :thumb:

Steve - Nice engines! For a while I had a GP7 Northern Pacific running on the club layout. Will have to check and see if I took pictures of it. Northern Pacific had some great pain schemes. :thumb:

Mooreway - good job on the shed, and on my houses! :thumb:

Deano - Nice engine! I need to figure out how to put engineers into my engines. :thumb:

chessie4155
- Great Shot! I hope the engine was tied down and you had permission to be there! :mrgreen:

Sarge 7 - Looks like a fun project! :cool:

Kurt - My houses are laser-cut models that Mooreway designed. Great job on Steve's House, you have a gift with small lumber! Nice scene! I love that tree! Again your scene looks completely real. :thumb: How did you do your backdrop?

Jeffrey Wimberly
- Nice engine

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
My trip to John Listerman's layout

Great shots guys!:thumb:

Last night I went over to my good friend John Listerman's layout, the Christianson, Cyanthian, and Thomason RR or the 'most famous part of the B&O coal operation (I can't remember what the latter was), which I allways LOVE going to! I also brought over my BL2, thinking it had DCC. It didn't, but I got to put it in a nice, dead track where it could just sit pretty:
Picture_0289.JPG

sticks out, doesn't it? John says that if the B&O historical society came over, seeing a C&O engine, much less one that had come AFTER 1953 (the last year most steam was active), would've killed him. Luckly, the guy didn't show upsign1.
Here's a shot of on of the best seniced areas on his layout:
Picture_0290.JPG

Anything look odd to you?:mrgreen:
Here's Lawson Milling Co. on of the coolest structures on John's layout, and ENTIRELY SCRATCHBUILT!!!!!:eek:
Picture_0294.JPG

Here's a Rio Grande car that met it's fate at the bottom of a cliff (this must've happened during or a bit after WWII because the layout is supposed to be mainly in W.V.)
Picture_0295.JPG

I also got to drive a train of empties to Horde Mine, led by a 2-8-0. Here it is going under a bridge...
Picture_0297.JPG

...and over another!
Picture_0296.JPG

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Another oldie..
But,a side note first.
Guys,I will start taking new pictures..I was waiting on the move into the new apartment.That was accomplish yesterday.I feel obliged to posting more since the weekly photo fun was my brain child along with tons of help from Deano..
I am very happy that the WPF has become so popular.

Thank you!!!
------------

A C&O T-1 rolls up the number 2 main while C&HV COJA-M (Columbus-Jackson-Manifest waits for a relief crew.

Picture002-5.jpg

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Steve,

Nice F3 and very nice butter knife! Your butter knife even has the steam generators. They are missing on my F9s, or so I was told by the rivet counter at my club.

Did you add/paint any extra goodies to your engines? I am thinking of getting the Walther's F series Super Detail Kit but I need to keep my mind to building my mountain... can't get sidetracked.

Tell the "rivet counter" to go count some rivets........I saw some in the middle of the highway (good place for him to start:mrgreen:)

The butter knife is an F3 and the other is an F7. I did not add the details however, as these engines were a thank you gift from a fellow member of this forum. He probably wouldn't want me to mention his name so I won't..........................Deano....................Anyway this anonymous person added a lot of "extra goodies" such as:
decals, sunshades, rearview mirrors, firecracker antenna, f unit style coupler cut bars, MU socket, roof grabs above the front windshield, nose grabs on the F7, hoses, F7 and F3 designation plates. He also added decoders and dcc compatible lights and weathered the lower sections on both units. Oh yeah...he threw in a couple of custom weathered boxcars. To this day, I still look at all that and can't believe the quality of the work....and the man:thumb:.

He got the rocks....I got the trains......I got the better of it:eek:ops:

DSC01370.jpg

DSC01385.jpg

DSC01947.jpg

DSC01943.jpg

I did not take these pics btw, I hope Deano..............I mean the anonymous person, doesn't mind:winker: