nothing's BSG Berzerker (I must be doing it wrong)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by RodentMaster, Nov 27, 2008.

1. RodentMaster

RodentMaster Member

I've scaled this puppy down in the hopes that it looks better against my eventual 1.5 Big G later on. However, upon assembling the forward nose section it seems either I've done something wrong or there's a trapezoid missing from the model on the printout.

Not the best, I know I know, but hey this is 1/4 the original intended size!! (50% print size) It's hard work.

Here's the problem as it appears on my end:

Did I screw up the assembly? Because it looks spot on (to me) except for the missing bit.
  2. theo

theo Member

I had the intention to build him, wen i look at the PDF's that I printed I'll guess you miss something (red line).
    But wen I looked at the nose you made I'll guess we have to cut the corners.sign1
    Is that a practical joke of Nothing?
  3. RodentMaster

RodentMaster Member

By golly, you're right! It shows up fine on the PDF, but it didn't print out!

I had some errors on the PDF files. They messed up a few times where it looked like the image was corrupted, so I printed the PDF into the PDF creator, and used that, which gave me no problems.

That one STILL chopped off the nose. I don't know why. It seemed to have plenty of margin and I checked my print settings so as not to crop when I resized.
  4. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

You could try copying it to MSPaint or Paint.NET and re-printing the piece you need.
  5. RodentMaster

RodentMaster Member

I think my circumstances may be that the printing got totally screwed up somehow. The left/right hangar deck and gun pods show this too. I started with one, but the vertical upsweep was much shorter (half). The problem is this wasn't cut off, it was literally printed short! Funky, I know!

I didn't even notice it. I thought it was poor 3d layout because I had to trim a lot of excess from the part. When I got to the other side, no such problem, and it's much taller.

I had a black and white printout at the same ratio from my home printer, and it HAD the missing nose section pixels. I cut them out and fixed them in the gap. Slight color difference, but I think the tone is screwed up too (very bluish).

The left/right upsweep distance issue and the nose part and the color -- I think I just have a royally screwed print job, from a computer not meant for this thing on a printer not meant for it.

Oh well, I can't reprint it, I no longer have access to that printer. Good practice run, though!
  6. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Try to re-download the file from Nothing's site, could be that the file was corrupted during transfer somehow.
  7. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

sometime whats new(AND PURCHASEDsign1) isnt better at all:twisted:
  8. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member