Nothing to do with paper models.....

Discussion in 'Everything else' started by angevine, Jul 29, 2006.

1. angevine

angevine Member

Hello one and all,

This post has nothing as such to do with paper modelling, unless you build them out of card, but I was wondering if anyone else here participates in Airsoft?

I have only recently began to do this (Some of the units I work with use it as a training aid!) and I thought I wonder how many here do it or have tried it.

I'm saving to buy my first rifle G36C... one hell of a weapon.

Anyways, would love to hear from you all.

2. Willja67

Willja67 Member

What is airsoft for the ignorant and uninformed among us?
  3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I myself am ignorant, uninformed, and dubious as well!

Not to mention a wee bit curious!

4. rickstef

rickstef Guest

5. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

That looks like something I would have loved to do in my younger, healthier youth. Looks like a lot of fun.

When I was younger these were not available and we played war with brass BB's. Lot's of injuries, definitely not recommended!
  6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Same here amaz - 5 pumps gets a nice long distance shot with a metal bb - darn crazy kids ;) wait thats me! heh heh and no protective gear existed then either! For most fights only two pumps was allowed though (10 is max for guns at the time) no idea how those bb guns work now, prolly the same
  7. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

It's pretty much a pneumatic airgun that can fire .60 caliber resin bb's the speed of which doesnt require a Fire Arms Certificate (canadian). Some kits can be purchased to uprate the firepower of these airguns to achieve round speeds of 12ooft/sec. Fire rates can run 800 rounds/min and the weapons are so realistic that actual weapon custom bolt ons can be used. Metal receivers can replace plastic ones and the airsoftguns can pretty much mimic the real thing unless you have a real close look.

8. barry

barry Active Member

I don't think I would like to be hit in the eye with one of those things however character building they are.
  9. bigtom

bigtom Member

I assume Y'all play in the woods....Whip that out in Houston and the cops will NAIL you.
  10. angevine

angevine Member

My God StevO!!!

How the hell do you lift that thing, let alone fire it!!!! :-D

Over here it seems that most people use weapons upto 400fps. But I have known weapons that are only 200fps send a BB over 35m/114ft!

Don't want to standing too close and get hit buy one of them...

I must say, it's a fun way to keep fit!
  11. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

The guys that play pretty much wear paintball gear and I guess hardened masks. Due to Canada's pussy gun laws (sorry I put it that way) we have a hard time getting ahold of such airsoft guns.

If I had the cash to throw away I would buy an Airsoft M1 Garand, Thompson, MP44 and Greasegun. But no ... no money and with all the restrictions on imports I would have an easier time buying 'parts' of the same and assembling a replica. Hell I'm a handle away from a Sten Gun IV right now... fully activated too.

I would dread owning a real gun anyway. My fear is that it would fall into uncertain hands and cause serious damage or even kill someone. I wouldnt want that on my concience.
  12. hpept

hpept Member

I'm one of those camouflaged mads which every sunday morning used to go fight. I started playing softair in Italy in 1995, after having bought a gas powered bb replica of the Beretta 92 FS. It was love at first sight. I then bought a Colt XM-177 machine gun with all the whistles and bells (gunsight, extended loaders) and joined a group called Equipe d'Action, based in Pontedera, a small town 15 kms away from Pisa. I used to have lots of fun, as i had a sort of innate sense of stealth which allowed me to hide an seek enemies and shoot them out one by one. My record kill is 7 enemies in a game and a conquered flag. Action is usually fast paced and an adrenaline discharge is assured, expecially when enemies are getting close and you're cut off from your unit alone.
    I recently sold my gear because after marrying i stopped with this activity and things were getting rusty in the closet.
    For sure it's a game to experiment for everyone, just don't play fool with safety: always wear eye goggles and adequate protective clothes to avoid wounds (expecially scratches from branches and stones) and don't exaggerate pretending to be Rambo. It's easy to transform a happy and funny weekend in a tragedy.
    Here goes a pic of me fully armed and ready to kill :grin:

Attached Files:

13. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

judging by the fact he has no hard protection... I'd call him ambulance bait.

:D :p

Thats all you wore??? no body armor???
  14. hpept

hpept Member

That's basically the equipment. I used to wear protective gloves with improved grip, and a net camo scarf to protect my neck from "friendly fire" :grin:.
    BB pellets are not so powerful as paintball because they are very light (i used to shoot 0.25g bb with the XM-177 gun and 0.2 with my beretta) and speed is not that much. But they hurt, expecially when fired close. The worst wounds i got are a bleeding lip (thank you "sniper") and a sore ear (thank you "joker"), but a guy of the group got a broken tooth (that's why smiling during battles is not advised), having a bb pellet stuck in the place of the tooth.