Not paper...but plastic :)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekcreations, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Trekcreations

Trekcreations EnterpriseCreations

Great information...thanks :)
  2. i use bostik glue for mine its meant for hobbies and paper craft and hasent failed since
  3. Trekcreations

Glue was going to be my next question. Thanks for that :)
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Aileens tacky glue all the way - I use gold bottle :)

for cutting I use scalpels - way sharper and last longer than xacto or xcel blades :)
  5. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Scissors all the way for me ^O^
  6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Yeah - scissors too of course - I love the little yellow bumble bees :)
  7. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Elmer's White Glue (NOT School Glue),
    #1 Exacto
    Fiskar's orange handled scissors.

And a metal ruler, cork backed. :thumb:
  8. Trekcreations

Got the the metal the scissors :)
  9. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

...and now time to see some of your builds ^^ --Might be a bit early though :D
  10. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

You are a step up on me when I started - I built my first two or three with a stapler, then moved to scotch tape - then to a glue stick. I had to learn it on my own - didnt know about the site back then :)
  11. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I have EXACTLY the same experience as Chris......... It's alwways nice to have a forum to discuss a hobby ^^ --Enough derailment.
  12. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Yes! It is nice to have a forum to discuss things! Who want to have a forum where all you see is the same old threads, over and over and over? That's what's great about this place! There's so much new stuff all the time, none of the incessant diatribes about silly things like 35 degree offsets and how many rivets are on the rear of the nacelle on a TOS Enterprise.

I totally agree!

I actually started my first card model before Iknew such things existed. I was over at Hobby Talk when Steve Iverson was still there and showed some shots of my first attempt at a TOS Bridge, that was years ago. Anyway, I had to move because we bought a bigger house and the original was crushed. I've got a picture around here some where, at any rate, that was my first attempt. Later, I found Ron Caudillo's TOS Bridge and was totally shocked at the accuracy! Check out my TOS Bridge model thread, I'll be updating soon. Anyone who's an old school fan has got to love that bridge.

Sorry, I'm rambling. Doh!
  13. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Actually, the offset was 35.6452567 degrees, and ther are 4732 rivets around the rear of the Enterprise nacelle. Unless, of course, you are referring to the Enterprise E, in which case tehre are no rivets due to the extensive use of electrostatic welding blah blah blah
  14. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

ROTFLMAO! Exactly.:mrgreen:
  15. Ron Caudillo

Ron Caudillo Creative Advisory Consultant Moderator

Thanks for the compliment Joe, but I have to give credit where it is due. I based my Enterprise model on drawings by Alan Sinclair who generously allowed me to modify his original AutoCad files. All of the detail is his, I just designed the pieces.

Best Regards,