not my scale

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Relic, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Relic

Relic Member

g'day,I recently aquired this Bing set,or most of a set,there's no track and I was wondering if any of you ,knowlageable in this scale/era might give me a ballpark figure on what this might be worth.
    I ran wire from the transformer to the engine and the light works and the wheels try to turn,I'm thinking it's real dirty,so I think it's going to run..
    thanks for the help.

Attached Files:

2. Relic

Relic Member

Slekjr,That's pretty much what I thought,one of those things that everybody had one,looks like some kid might of played with it till after new year 'cause it's not beat up,there is a lot of carpet in the gears though, ha ha
    Thanks for the reply
  3. Dave Farquhar

Dave Farquhar Member

That's a nice, although common, Marx set. I would value it at anywhere from $50 to $75, with the NYC Pacemaker boxcar being the key to any deal. People like to make long trains of that car.

Once you get the debris out of the motor (I usually hack at it with a hobby knife, then start tweezing), odds are it will run but it will probably need some grease and oil. Marx motors run forever.
  4. Relic

Relic Member

You'er right as rain Dave,I picked what I could with tweezers and hosed it out with WD40 and touched the contacts with power and it works.I'll be taking it to the next show ,try and trade it for something HO{and CN of course}