Not exactly a roll by...

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
More like a two picture "roll towards":D
View attachment 34468

View attachment 34469

This is an unfinished section of my layout (they all are)! I have no backdrop so I used MS Paint to put in a sky:eek:ops:. I probably should at least invest in some blue poster board for pics...being computer illiterate, it took over an hour to put the blue in:rolleyes:
I would also like to thank Deano for teaching me what little I know about setting up a shot:thumb:

Attachments

• Copy of Twin River RR 208 smaller.jpg
    Copy of Twin River RR 208 smaller.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 155
  • Copy of Twin River RR 206 small.jpg
    Copy of Twin River RR 206 small.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 155

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Hey, Steve, nice work, but then, you've learned from one of the best. :thumb: I like the way that you've used two different styles of bridges, too: it really sets the mainline apart from the mine/loader tracks. I have lots of pictures with un-skylike stuff floating around in the background, :eek:ops: and when I get a computer that can see the proper colours, I'll have to learn that trick.:D :D

Wayne

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Fantastic Pics!!!

Steve:wave:, WOW!!!:eek: :eek: FANTASTIC SHOTS!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: i REALLY LIKE the placement of the engines, the level it was shot at, the background, CRIPES, there SLAP AWESOME!!!:thumb::D one thing that i think is neat about your background, in the first pic, look under the mine, see the "storm" coming up, as opposed to the rest of the sky;), now look at the sky in the second pic...THE STORM IS ABOUT HERE!:thumb: i think that was a REALLY neat effect!:thumb::D the pics TRULY look AWESOME STEVE!!!:D BTW, your layout in that area looks FANTASTIC TOO!:thumb: :D -Deano

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Really fantastic shots! Hey - that MSPaint sky works for me (matter of fact, I'm going to try it out). Great details and textures. Really well done!

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Thanks all:thumb: :)

Steven...Thank you!

Wayne:
nice work, but then, you've learned from one of the best.
You are so right:thumb:...I probably learned more from Deano in a week than I would have learned in a year on my own. Your beautiful work has always been an inspiration and education to me as well:thumb:.

Deano:
one thing that i think is neat about your background, in the first pic, look under the mine, see the "storm" coming up, as opposed to the rest of the sky
wink.gif
, now look at the sky in the second pic...THE STORM IS ABOUT HERE!
thumbsup.gif
i think that was a REALLY neat effect!
Deano...I never knew I was such an artistic genius!...I thought I just didn't match the colors up right;)...Thank you my friend, for all your patient tutelage and more importantly, your friendship:thumb:

Herc Driver...thank you so much! Your wonderful work is also some that I find great inspiration in and always keep in the back of my mind as a standard to "try" and come close to :thumb:

Take care:wave:

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Great pictures Steve!:thumb: :thumb:

I have some blue poster board for back drops and there are times I wish I could figure how to put a blue background in instead of using the posterboard.:D

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
thanks Tom
I just checked out your Rail Images Galleryjawdrop
Beautiful work!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
hiscopilot, Jim...Thanks guys:thumb:

my favorite "fallen flag".
Jim...It's funny how I picked NP to model...I wanted passenger cars that I could use on 18" curves and was told Walthers was having a sale on some 60 footers....I liked the looks of the NP's the best so I went NP crazy!...I have since been learning about it and even joined a NP group online....probably not the best way to pick a road to model...but I love the choice none the less!