Not an internet find, but internet delivery

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Kaz, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Kaz

Kaz Member

Talk in a different thread from Rickstef about filesharing and trades bring me to this ... Fiddlers Green sent me a link (direct) via email. Im not sure if its because I have bought from him in the past, or if its because I am on the mailing list, but its very very close to my heart and I would like to share it, but I am reluctant, incase there is a proviso.
    Email Chip and ask him about, Douglas C47 sn 43-15512. First plane to land at the South Pole, he might furnish you with the link. Its only available for 7 days
  2. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I got a copy. It looks sweet.

Anyone who hasn't yet, go get your free account. That should allow you to download it...
  3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

MOS95B is right. Get an account and get yourself a free copy of this model and many more too.

Your right also Kaz, the link is not for sharing.

After the week is up the plane can still be had for a price, but will come with other versions as well.

4. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

i make a account but no model on email :(
    some one know way?
  5. 46rob

46rob Member

After your account is set up--you go to the FG web site and open "my models", under 'my account.'
    then you can download the R4D-5L model and any other freebies.
  6. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

its strang but i not have R4D-5L in my list

i have 12 free models is that ok?
  7. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

ok i got it

realy nice model

this is 1 of the model i like to make from my c47 but looks like we not need to :)
  8. 46rob

46rob Member

FG calls it a C-47, but it's correct desigation is R4D-5L. The Navy used a different aircraft numbering system before 1962. R stands for transport, D is for Douglas. The 4 means it's the fourth Douglas Transport type bought by the Navy. The -5 means its the 5th modification of the R4D, and the L means it's ski equipped.
  9. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Ahem...both you and FG are is a Dakota...

Bloody Colonials... ;-)
  10. smyfe

smyfe Member

:???: No C-47 in my models folder at FG, just the standard 12 plus the X-15 I bought, any ideas guys or am I being as dumb as normal and missing something:oops:
  11. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I am sure there is some kind of time limit on this one as a link has already been e-mailed to all who were already members.

He did not say in the e-mail that it would be put in your folder to stay, forever.
    He just said the link would be good to download for 1 week so I guess members who don't download it in time will have to buy it, as well as everyone else.

I received the link in an email also, but there isn't a copy of the plane in my folder.

12. smyfe

smyfe Member

Thanks Russell, I thought i was having one of my brain dead sessions again:) :) Its probably for the better anyway, my shelves holding my printed model folders collapsed today under the weight:oops:
  13. 46rob

46rob Member

The official name was Skytrain--but during my years in the sevice I never once heard it referred to as anything but "Gooney Bird" or R4D. Calling it anything else was unheard of...even after the designation changed--it was still the R4D to us.
  14. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Even when I was assigned to Elmendorf AFB, Alaska in the early 70s, we called it the Gooney Bird. Had a C-46 and C-47 operated by Reeves Aleutian Airway by contract on base. I pumped many a gas and oil to both of them, but Gooney was always neat to be around...more so than the -46.
  15. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

That's why I keep mine stacked on the floor! I now have 4 three foot stacks and have started a fifth.
    I may have to add on to the house soon and give them their own room!:twisted: