Northrop YB-49 'Flying Wing'

• Thread starter Diderick A. den Bakker
  • Start date
D

Diderick A. den Bakker

We (Paper Trade, or Zeistbouwplaten.nl have had regular requests from non-European customers for digital versions of our plane models. This would save considerably on the very high trans atlantic postage costs. So I am glad to announce that the first one is now available via ECardmodels We have opted for the Flying Wing to 'test the water'. As far as we know, there is still no other paper model of this giant plane available: at 1/50th, the model has a wingspan of well over 3 ft. It is not meant for inexperienced builders, with (optional) retractable landing gear and and moving flaps!
We are working hard on the Airwet Hughes version of our recent Fokker F27. Designer Cor van Haasteren has just finished rearranging the parts on the model pages, so that there won't be problems printing on either A4 or Letter (so no rescaling necessary).
Depending on your reactions, we are also considering digital versions of our Stiletto, Bantam and U2.
( and before I forget: do send me pictures of your favourite builds for the Collection on Flickr - see my website for more information. Nearl 14.000 visitors since mid November have been appreciating the virtual exhibition!)

Attachments

• wing_left.jpg
    wing_left.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 29
  • wingover.jpg
    wingover.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 58
  • ecardcover_F27_Hughes,klein.jpg
    ecardcover_F27_Hughes,klein.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 21
Z

Zathros

It's about time!! We poor starving Americans have been waiting for this option for a long time!

Patron_zero

I've always taken advantage of the commercial quality printers at the local office supply stores for any models I've purchased online, guarantees better results than at home and the option of larger scaled projects.

Z

Zathros

I have really happy with my Epson Workforce 1100. It does 13" wide by whatever length you want. It's advertised at 13" x 19", but it can printer much longer if you have the paper.
I have never used a commercial printer outfit for printing. It is an added cost. Also, it would take a really special printer to do that metal texture. If that works for you, that's great. I usually end up having to print an extra part or two. Fat fingers. :)