northlandz

HO Newbie

Apr 15, 2007
Thorofare, New Jersey
Has anyone ever been to the Northlandz train display in Flemington, New Jersey? We are thinking of going there next weekend and wondered if it was worth the $13.75 admission price?

hooknlad

Mar 28, 2005
Woodbridge, NJ USA
Welcome and hope this helpz

HIya newbie and welcome.. Just to help you out, do a search of northlandz on here ( the gauge ) and
you will find several threads with your answers.. Hope that helped out...
Northlandz to me is nice.. It was great when it first started out. The owner, Bruce, set up a great layout, but time after time afer time, no moneys have been invested back into the business to keep the crowds coming... If you have never been there, its worth the money. As a repeat customer, not advisable.. Let the ooohhhhs and ahhhhhhs be there for you for the first time.. A second time around your eyes and mindset will find the flaws....
My 2 cents...

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
You should not go there with any expectations and then be surprised. It isn't a scale model of anything and they don't do "operating". But there are a lot of trains running and there is a lot of scenery. My wife said that he incorporated almost every model railway joke that she knew. Be prepared for a 2 mile hike.

Maineiac

New Model Railroader
Feb 27, 2007
Maine
I've been there and I would recommend it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. The scenery is pretty spectacular, although the trains just go around the mountains in circles.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Been there 5 times now.... It's definitely worth it once or twice... and it's only a mile walk - it just feels like 2 if you have kids that aren't really interested :D :D

There are many nice scenes, but, as has been said - The trains just run in constant lines of track. It's fun, in that, you will see a train, then about 3 - 4 minutes later, you see the same train in a different setting.

Bruce is a great host and if you're lucky - he'll play the organ while you're there - he's great!!! :) Part of the walk is a tour behind the scenes of the huge pipe organ.. When you first go in - when you get to the snack bar - look on the "Wall of fame" all kinds of Celeb Autographs!!

On the way out is the obligatory Gift/Souvenir shop.... Stop by Northlandz Welcome Page for some pics :)

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Sorry to bring up an old thread (not really), but I just saw a special on Northlandz on the ol' boob tube and just the sheer size of it looks incredible. Just the stats alone are a little mind numbing...

Tour Length - 1 Mile
Highest Mountain - 30 feet(6,000 scale feet)
Longest Bridge - 40 feet
Number of Bridges - 300-400
Number of Trains - 100+Feet of Track 50,000(8 miles)
Atlas Super-Flex track
Buildings - 4,000 + Wood - Enough wood to build 42 large houses
52,000 square feet
Lichen Trees - 500,000+

I know TV can be misleading though (ya think?). From what I saw, the scenery left a lot to be desired but all the same to have scenicked that much in just four years is a feat to be respected.

Mountain Man

Jan 19, 2007
Spend the money! DON'T LET THE TERRORISTS WIN!

My name is Barack Obama and I approve this message. :rolleyes: