Northern Standoff

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Ben H, Dec 15, 2002.

1. Ben H

Ben H Member

Today at our Clubs modular layout, which is setup for Christmas in vacant store in a shopping center. we had a "Northern Standoff" . Dam moose at this scale I quess they are meice.

Further with security these day no one had a method for removal other than to "shoe the moose" but its so hard to shoe a meice that we all said to hell with it and went for beers and said a Merry Christmas to all. :cool:

2. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Very realistic scene. :cool:
  3. Railery

Railery Member

Hi Ben. i heard to shew a moose u gotta use something bigger. So i thought u might want to borrow Elphe :)

The only charge is a few pounds of peanuts. Merry Christmas Ben.

ps. Your picture looks like a shot taken out of the show "Northern Exposure ". Very Neat :D :D
  4. interurban

interurban Active Member

Hi Ben, thats a lovely shot and a nice story:D
    I like the "we all went for beers"

Where abouts did the Northen Standoff take place??

Is it in HO scale?
    Would love to see more pics of the lay out:) :D :p
  5. Ben H

Ben H Member

Hi Iinterurben ,

Our modular layout is HO and approx 24' x 36'. Many of the modulas have been built by individual club members and other have been full club projects. We move the layout around a lot. Taking it to shows on Vanocuver Island and we hope Seattle in 2004.

Our club is located in Victoria, BC (West coast of Canada - north and west of Seattle for those state side.)

I just took a bunch of pictures of the layout and am working on a Web site. In the interim I may be able to show a few here.

This is the shell station which is just down the road from that confrontation site with the Moooooooossssesss.

6. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Excellent, please share some more photo's if you can. :)
  7. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

I enjoyed the "meice" story and the excellent pictures. Like the others I'm looking forward to more photos of what must be a very nice layout!
  8. interurban

interurban Active Member

Hi Ben Thanks for that, you know it did`nt look like an Ontario MOOOSE:D :D :D :D :D :D
    AND its a bit far me to have a quick photo visit.
    SO as our friends have asked Please post some as they come avalible.

It looks like a late 70s Theam:)
    Very nice.
  9. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Ben, from the two shots you posted I'd say the layout looks fantastic! How long are you going to have the Christmas display set up? I ask because I'll be in Victoria for a few days between Christmas and New Years and would love to pop by and have a look.

:D Val
  10. Nice scene and photo, Ben. :)

And welcome to the Gauge. :)
  11. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Welcome aboard Ben!
    Those are some fantastic photos!
    Sure would love to see more of them!
    :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
  12. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Ben, I liked the story on the Moose, also some nice photo's of the Christmas layout.

13. Ben H

Ben H Member

The kind comments are really appreciated but in this case it should go to the models of our club. I just took some pictures. These guys are great and I fell very lucky now have thier skills to draw upon as I get back to the hobby.

You older guys might like this one its the Boy Scout Camp, but like most old Boy Scouts we didn't think about girls. Well the arrow points to the girls -- sun only site -- (image is out of focus for this reason

Also we have a Foundry on the layout

Then at the top end of the layout is the industrial "Y" which leads back into the fiddle yard on the side of the square layout.

This is shoot of our saw mill operation with the main line running over the boggy area beside the mill.
  14. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

15. Ben H

Ben H Member

No just my brain going into sloppy mode again.