North American T-28 Trojan

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by tausugAir, Feb 28, 2006.

1. tausugAir

tausugAir Member

Hello everyone:

Just wondering if there's available on the Internet plans/drawings of the Trojan similar to the presentation in AirWar (Sky Corner)? I appreciate very
    much any direction to the site....Thanks in advance

2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Attached Files:

3. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

4. 46rob

46rob Member

A few years back--I found a free download of a nice T-28 model. Don't know if it's still around, though....if a model's your goal.
  5. gwssms

gwssms Member

I found a nice T-28 in my files in 4 color schemes. It was designed by David Seguenza, March 2000. I'll try to find out where I got it. I suspect it came from a link on space station 42, Iceberg links, or the card model faq. I know I've had it for several years.
  6. gwssms

gwssms Member

I take it back. Only one of the versions was designed by David Seguenza. It was hand drawn. The other 3 look computer drawn and are much crisper.
  7. Jim Krauzlis

Hi, Gary, Rob and Muhammad!:)

I recall that model...I once accessed it through the Cardmodels.faq site, under their "free models" section, but that is a dead link now..."crosswinds" or whatever does not have that page anymore...however!

I did find the current home for this model, and variations by Jim Hairston, as links here:

There are also links to his gallery of the model he and others have built of this plane.

Thanks for jogging my memory, I have three new free download models to build...and more are found on his home page!

Life is good!:grin: Only now I wish he had his Yak-38 available too...drat!:cry:

Hope this helps!
  8. gwssms

gwssms Member

9. gwssms

gwssms Member

oops too slow! :)
  10. Jim Krauzlis

is there an echo in here?:grin:

Glad you found it too!

I wrote to the web owner, because I would LOVE to get a copy of that Yak 38...superb color scheme on a very nicely designed model of a fairly rare subject...but I digress....:grin:

11. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Looks like a great model crying for detailing and a repaint. Great more on the back burner!
  12. gwssms

gwssms Member

There is still one more version out there somewhere. It looks like the Jim Hairston version in orange and white.
  13. tausugAir

tausugAir Member

To all the generous people:

Thanks for the free download... I downloaded it I hope this could be a nice basis for a Philippine Air Force T-28 COIN (counter-insurgency)in service over in southern islands of Mindanao, Philippines.... My search was for drawings of th plane with fuselage cross sections to perhaps replace the (Aviation News WARPAINT) plans by Bob Hunt. The plans have several discrepancies that do not agree from one view to the other; eg, the wingspan shown on the front elevation is shorter than that on the planform.

Thanks, again generous and helpful people..... Mabuhay,