North American Rail Alliance

C

Catt

The North American Rail Alliance is a group of independantly owned US shortline railroads.Who are working to gether under the umbrella of NARA to provide alternative rail service to both large and small rail customers to and from Canada, and to and from the southern coast of the United States.

We currently have members in 5 US states,and Canada as well as Sweden.

If this is something you may be interested in let me know.We are strickly web based and it cost nothing but a little of your time to join and hopefully enjoy.

------------------
Catt! A freelancer for life

C

Catt

No Art,but we will need to build a rail network from here to you on the web.

Now we need some more freelancers/protolancers between Mich.and Mass.

------------------

C

Catt

You have to be a train nut ,Art. I believe that you and Barbara qualify.Barbara does for sure.

JOIN THE NORTH AMERICAN RAIL ALLIANCE

------------------

[This message has been edited by Catt! (edited 01-17-2001).]

C

Catt

North American Rail Alliance-To join all you need to be is a model railroader with a North American themed layout.Preferably a freelancer or protolancer,but this is not written in stone. Scale is not important,but a website is.
There is absolutely no cost to join our group,there are no dues and the only meetings are in ICQ chatrooms.Our goal is a north-south raillink(doing that now) and an east/west link (working on that now).

I forgot to mention that NARA includes any interested Canadian modelers too.

If your interested leave a message here on big blue
biggrin.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Catt! (edited 01-17-2001).]

W

wt&c

hey catt I model (and live) in Northern West Virginia, Free-lanced ralroad that soupossed ly runs in Mississippi,
alababma,
georgia, south carolina, tenessee,WV,KY,PA,MD,OH,IN,ILL, and MI. Again the modeled portion in from North Parkersburgh,WV (WV/OH BORDER) to WV/MD border in a little town 8 miles North of Terra Alta,WV that is right near maryland. I'm interested.
biggrin.gif

------------------

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
The M.A.T. belongs to NARA Number 2 to join with Catts G.V.R. number 1. Currently the M.A.T. covers Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and BC. If desired, an interchange could also go east to the maritimes. Anyone interested can contact Catt or me.

C

Catt

wt&c one thing you should know about NARAs rules.There are none yet.The Grande Valley will be a class 1 railroad someday.
The whole point is to get a model railroad network crisscrossing this continent.
Robin I think we've got a good thing started here.

------------------

C

Catt

wt&c Yes,you are #8
Welcome to the party.

------------------

grandmesa

Jan 5, 2001
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Matthyro:
Here is a link to the NARA home page
Catt is the webmaster
http://members.fortunecity.com/boylerwerx/nara.html

).]
</font>
Hey, will a shortline running between Miami, OK and Joplin, MO by way of Baxter Springs and Riverton, KS fit in your plans? Check it
out at

http://hometown.aol.com/slsf1630/myhomepage/profile.html

The Oklahoma & North Eastern runs in northeastern Oklahoma, southeast Kansas, and southwest Missouri.

------------------
Railroadin' on the Western Slope!

C

Catt

Well sir,it certainly looks to me like it fits our plans purrfectly
biggrin.gif

------------------

grandmesa

Jan 5, 2001
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Catt!:
Well sir,it certainly looks to me like it fits our plans purrfectly
biggrin.gif

</font>

COOL!!!!
So I take it I'm in?

------------------
Railroadin' on the Western Slope!

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Hi Grandmesa, Bob is it? Yes we want to have you as a member to NARA but you do not list an e-mail so couldn't get to you that way. We have your Railroad name and your web site but so far have only found the name Bob. What is your lastname?
E-mail me please.
Robin