noobie help plz!

Discussion in 'RC Aircraft & Watercraft' started by snopro, Mar 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snopro

snopro New Member

;)[xx(]i recently bought a tower trainer 40, rtf, because it was the cheapest good quality airplanbe i could find. i was wondering if i really need an instructor to fly this bird.... my uncle used to "fly" model airplanes, but he said all his ever did was a rapid accent then decent and crash.

how do you fuel an air plane that has no hole in the gas tank to fuel it?

is it ok to run traxxas 20% nitro gas i use in my dad's savage 21 for the plane?

if i have a person teach me, it will probably be my neighbor, that has a decent ammount of experince with these planes, do you recomend that i wait until he comes over for my maiden voyage?

is trimming the plane during its maiden voyage really make a huge difference in flight?

is trim really and important piece of flyign a plane??

thank you for your time!

great flying

snopro[8][:eek:)]:D[:p][B)][:0][:X]:):D[8D][:I][8)][|)][?][V][^][}:)]
  2. Fastsky

Fastsky Member

Hi and welcome to the hobby! To answer your questions: 1.Two lines come from your tank. One for the supply to the carb and the other line is to pressurize the tank from the muffler exhaust. To fuel up the tank you remove the fuel tubing from from the needle valve on the carb and fuel up through that line. Before you start to refuel you remove the the tubing from the muffler and watch for fuel to come out of that line. When it does, then you know that the tank is full. 2.Traxxas Top Fuel is NOT Recommended for airplanes or boats. Using the wrong type of fuel can ruin an engine in a hurry. 20% nito will make an airplane engine run very hot. I would suggest a nitro content of 10%. I like to use Sport 10 fuel. 3.Please wait until you can get help with your first flight. Things can happen very quickly with airplanes and only experience can keep your plane in the air. 4.Trimming is adjustments made to the control surfaces to allow the plane to fly straight and level with hands off. Learning how to fly a plane that wants to do its own thing can be frustrating. For example if the plane wants to constantly turn to the left with hands off the control sticks then the instructor would add right aileron trim until the plane stops turning. Now if the plane turns to the left then at least you know that you are doing this, and not the plane by itself. If a plane is seriously out of trim and can not be be made to fly level with the trim levers then mechanical adjustments of the control rods must be made to correct the situation. Hope this helps, Fast!
  3. snopro

snopro New Member

thnak you for your help, i thinkill buy some tower pwer 10% for it then

it is fairly cheap

snopro
  4. Fastsky

Fastsky Member

That fuel will be fine! Have you checked around for a nearby flying club?? Training is usually free at most clubs just for signing up and could well save your plane several times over while you learn to control it. When I started I learned more in a couple of hours at the field than 6 months of reading about it!
  5. snopro

snopro New Member

i think there is a club a little over 3 miles away, ill have to find when they meet, and try to learn there

thx for your help and any other suggestions would be nice

snopro
  6. Fastsky

Fastsky Member

The weather is warm enough now for flying so I would head out there on Saturday morning around 9:30 or 10. There is a very good chance that there will already be 1 or 2 planes in the air when you arrive. If there is no pilots that don't have planes in the air, then wait until they land and bring the plane off the runway. Then go over and introduce yourself. They will be glad to help.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.