Noname build

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, Figurines & Paperdolls' started by rockpaperscissor, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Bill, Mark and Pantherbug - it's gratifying to me to read that you are taking Noname on, whether it be for the first time or the eleventh. I'd love to see your finished models, so please feel free to tack them onto this thread, along with your build experiences - unless you want to start your own thread of course. Wow! I've been an inspiration to others - pretty kewl.
  2. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Here's my effort

Only joking :twisted: but it's how she nearly ended up several time :mad:

Look out for some pics here when I get her finished (or at least, the parts before the end up looking like the above ;))
  3. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Scary... Mark, are you sure you want to scare "you litle @$^*!~&%" that much? :D
  4. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Oh yes..... I want to scare her into beliveing that it would be a really good idea to go together nicely (It's not working tho......)

Anyway, here's a pic of the parts so far......

(Pic seems to have got lost - it was the body and legs)
  5. She doesn't scare easy, Mark :). You've gotten the most difficult parts done already, so keep going. I'm looking forward to seeing her standing on her own two feet.
  6. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Another one coming together nicely!!! Looks like she's scared already :D
  7. bill516

bill516 Member

My gilrs got no head, but she's got a dog. I'm having trouble with the head, it doesn't look like the one Don or Kani did. The nose is not as pronounced and the hole for the neck is way too big so big that its impossible to fit the two parts together.
    View attachment 11368

View attachment 11369

View attachment 11370

View attachment 11371

Just out of curiosity how did you print yours, i.e. what program and printer settings, fit to page, original size etc.

8. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

I printed her using a very old copy of Paint Shop Pro v5. I've tried several of the newer versions, but none seem to have the features that I use, so I stick with that.
    She was printed out on A4 paper, set at 100% size.

I really like the K9 - is he a free download or a commecial kit ? I'd love to get my hands on the kit.
  9. Actually Bill, mine doesn't have much of a nose either. The head and face on yours is much smoother than mine - I think the alternating tabs eliminates the ridge at the part junctions. My build method creates a shelf the thickness of the paper. Of course, alternating tabs are a little harder to work with, especially with smaller parts. Maybe that's why you're having trouble with that jawline piece. Mine was actually a pretty snug fit onto the neck. I printed mine with Photoshop at 100%. I lied to the printer about the paper size- I said I had A4 instead of letter size. As a result one of the pages had to be printed in two halves in order to capture all the parts.
  10. Just thinking, Bill regarding the size of the neck hole - mine was oblong too - not round. The head is glued on with the neck at the back of the opening. It leaves a big gap at the front, but that is the way it is designed - not a build problem.
  11. bill516

bill516 Member

Thanks for the tips I'll try them next time I print. As for K9 you will be pleased to know that its a free download if you know who the designer is and yuo do know who he is, its me. will get you to where the model is its in two folders A4 for Europe and US for US. The US is on letter size pages, I hope, I don't know if will print that way I dont have letter size paper but I tried to accomodate you. THe instructions are not that detailed more tips but it is an easy model to make, depending whether you make the nodding or the static version. Its about 1/8th scale so if you have any other Dr Who stuff you might be able to re-scale it to make it match.

12. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

I pick up Noname again. She had been looking rather neglected for a couple of months.

Anyway, here's a pic of the parts so far

Once all the major sub-assemblies are completed I'll assemble her. I've really only got an arm and the head to go.

I'm using ink to colour the insides of the skirt, blouse, boot tops, etc. and also to fill the white gaps in the boots and shorts.

Just wanted to show you I hadn't been slacking completely Don ;)
  13. She's looking good Mark! If anyone's been slacking it's me, but I am gonna get going on Fatima Ieatta again real soon, I promise. Your non-scored, rolled version of Noname is the better build method, I think. Looks more natural - like a "REAL" anime girl. Glad to see you didn't abandon her.
  14. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Finished :eek:)

I've finally finished Noname. It's fair to say she's a difficult build. I rolled most of the parts. Only the body got scored & folded.

The edge colouring was mainly done with coloured inks, mostly applied after the parts were assembled.

She seems to have taken a different pose to Don's. The legs spreads wider (don't go there......) and leaning forward more. This wasn't intentional - just the way she came out. Maybe a result of rolling the legs rather than scoring & folding ?
  15. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Nice one Mark!! The rolling process also gives a much more organic shape
  16. bill516

bill516 Member

Nice job Mark, I must get my girl finished then I can post a finished pic. As the pose goes mine is different from yours and Don's, I think it is that, that gives this model its charm. No matter how many you make they are all unique.

17. Sweet! She came out very nice, Mark. It's a fairly tough model, but definitely worth it in the end. I'm going to have to try one of these anime figures rolled instead of scored. I prefer the look. Nice job.
  18. nyanyo

nyanyo New Member

NONAME's name is Asuna of the anime Negima

NONAME's name is Asuna of the anime mahou sensei Negima,, i think.. hehe..
  19. bill516

bill516 Member

Mark was all the push I needed to get my girl done.

Like Mark her legs seem far apart and she seems to be leaning too far forward, but she stands by herself probably because of the weights I put in the toes of her boots.

Attached Files:

20. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Nice job Bill, well done. Glad I was a little inspiration ;)

Interesting to see the different poses from the same kit.