Nomad Valley #4

Nomad

Sep 26, 2006
Elks Plain, Washington
Major Update !!!

The Nomad Valley Railroad is fully operational and running trains:D ! The turntable is turning, the cars are rolling and the locos are running. All the switch controllers are installed and working great. All of my locos are now equiped with dcc, including my Mantua 2-6-6-2. I even upgraded from the Bachman EZ command to NCE Power Cab. What a difference that made !
It has also been decided that The Nomad Valley Railroad will interchange with the WP,( mainly because I like the cars with the feathers and the paint scheme on the locos) so we can expect to see there cars and locos on the layout.
I am really happy with this layout and haven't even changed anything from the original trackplan ( a first for me).

Loren

Nomad

Sep 26, 2006
Elks Plain, Washington
I am not sure yet, but I think my next step will be to re-weather the ties and rail, and then ballast the yard. I have had a picture in my head of how I want the yard to look for a long time, especially the ground, so I am anxious to start on that.
There is really nothing to show, most of the work is out of sight.
Loren

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
I'm planning on doing more structures this weekend, plus I will get in at least one operating session. And I am feeling the need to work on car cards and waybills. Plus, I am going to start putting in the ties at the joints between the flex track sections.

Hope you have a productive weekend. Have you done a full-fledged operating session to see how things work?

Nomad

Sep 26, 2006
Elks Plain, Washington
A full session is one of my plans for this weekend, but it's my wifes weekend off work so I don't know if that will happen. I haven't had a full bore session yet, but I did a mini one last night. I am still glued to the idea of using a computer program for switching, so I am testing that at the same time. So far, the layout works great, but I am sure glad that people here at The Gauge talked me into the extra run around tracks !
Those buildings of yours look great, btw. So is your post on the magnets. I would glue down those filler ties while you plan your next building, give you something to think about, that's a pretty boring job. Happy railroading.

Loren

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
Hey Loren!

How are things going? Any progress on the layout? I'm as anxious to see you make progress on yours as I am on mine!