'Noisy Cricket' from MIB

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by 72BMWR75/5, Sep 12, 2007.

1. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

sweet! gonna take a look :) thanks
  3. Alcides

Alcides Member

Very nice !!! Thanks :thumb:

But what is the EVA POD? :confused:
  4. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

No idea. It looks cool, but isn't available for download.
  5. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

Very cool Steve!train97

Alcides: I believe the EVA Pod is from 2001: A Space Odyssey...

P.s.: Topic off this thread, but could anyone see my Birthday postings today as I've been informed they aren't showing up in the new posts, etc. when I can clearly see them on my screen?!?:confused:

(Soon to be home of the Ping-Pong Ball Cannon) N/Z scale Old West paper models (free samples) at: paperbeam - virtual paper models
  6. Texman

Texman Guest

I see them pretty much all the time. They were there today.

7. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

extra vehicular activity
    external vehicle activity

a space walk is considered eva
  8. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

It does look kinda like the pods from 2001. Gonna have to keep checking to see if it becomes available.
  9. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

It is the pod from 2001. (linked to page from Answers.com)

What rock have y'all been hiding under??? ;-) Or am I just that old???

And, while searching for pics, I found a page with instructions on how to make one from a ping pong ball -- 2001 a space odyssey

Also, I have the Noisy Cricket downloaded as the latest addition to my arsenal (All of the Haggards Phasers, and Jan Ruckrs Endo Rifle and Pulse Rifle)
  10. redwolf28386

redwolf28386 Member

I believe I have a copy of the EVA pod from 2001. Let me check my files(might take a few days). :wave:
  11. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

The EVA Pod and other goodies are here for download ranking hope this helps
  12. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

I've tried downloading the Noisy Cricket, but all I get is a bunch of Y's. Millions of them. Am I doing somthing wrong?
  13. Frank Kelle

Frank Kelle Member

Good morning! Please check and try it again!
    I have just downloaded the "gun" again and received a ZIP-File, which contained 2 .bmp, one with the parts (numbered in "normal" way) and one with a few pictures of the ready "gun" and the assembling. The "Y" and so one are the normal way for the computer to tell you, that they can not be shown correctly - normaly due to the missing of the character set. I am sure you know this, this happens normaly with .pdf files and so one...
    I was able to open and show them with Firefox for the download and Irfan-View to show them...

14. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

ah. Thankyou. I tried a different programme and it works fine. Thanks.
  15. dkaniel

dkaniel Member

When I download the ZIP file for the cricket and open it the file size is huge and I can't get the file to resize properly. Am I doing something that is a bonehead move and don't know? Can anybody help?
  16. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I just hit "print" and told it to fit the paper. On letter, though, it comes out a bit too small for scale....