Nobi's Zero

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Bowdenja, May 26, 2005.

1. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

This is for Nobi! I love the new Zeros! As always they are easy but beautiful!

I like to build them wheels up so kids can play with them.

Thanks again Nobi!

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Bodenja,

What are ya using for the spinning props illusion? Plastic coffee can lids? Just curious, cause I have noticed alot of this type lid is recently going clear instead of the "soft white" color. Pringles lids especially which is a good source for this material, you can snack while ya work and no greasy mess lol.

3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hello Greg,

I used the clear plastic that everything seems to be packaged in lately. It scores easy and then I'm able to remove it from the sheet. It's the same stuff these guy are using to make canopies from.

FG suggests using overhead film that you get from an office supply store. They have a free download of prop discs you can print then cut out.

I like using stuff that normally is thrown away.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy again Bow,

Thats me too, I am always seeing something that I think I can incorporate into a build, be it tie twist wires for antenna fishing line for guy wires or pringle can lids for props.

5. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi John,

I like your Zero too, my Zero have gear down and show in my showcase...can that zero fly? i never test fly my model i design before :)
  6. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey Nobi,

I haven't launched one...........yet. But in the hands of a kid.............YES they really do fly, and very well!

Thanks again for designing something that makes a kid smile.
  7. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi John

A very nice pair of planes :D

Well done and quick too!!

They show off Nobi's design very well, the kids will love them.

Nobi my kids test fly all your small planes and yes with a bit of weight put in the right place they fly very well 8)

Hope your kids have a lot of fun with them

8. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Thanks Rob............actually this makes number 3 & 4 of the Zero. I take them to co-workers to give to their kids. Gives me something to do besides sit and watch the TV and they love playing with them, AND I LOVE building them..........A situation. :D

These baby planes are great to do, because you don't have to worry about scale and accurracy. Also helps build up my skills so day....... I can get on y'alls level. Also they really are FUN to build! :D :D

I always eagerly look forward to a new release from Nobi in this group, and his scale models. AND if you haven't notice....... there was a new color scheme on one of the pair. :)

Not to steal his thunder.........but the next baby plane, I think will REALLY be GREAT! I can't wait. :wink:

Thanks again Nobi!
  9. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Your welcome...

i like baby series too. i begin design because i like it. and not use much time to design it too. that zero's wingspan is equal with 1/48 scale model. and length is half of 1/48 scale. wheel and canopy frame make it big to be a baby version :)

so what r your suggestion for next baby series?
  10. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I think your idea for the Arado was a VERY good one, and maybe a baby Helcat to go with the Zero would also be nice.
  11. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Some Baby General Aviation aircraft to get kids interested in flying planes they can actually get into and maybe an airliner or two. Southwest 737 Shamu?