NOBI's XF 103

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Billy Leliveld, Jun 11, 2007.

1. It was not that long ago,in a thread called "a wish list for NOBI", that I put in this picture , i found somewhere....
  2. And look, what I'm building now!, Thanks again Nobi..
    I've printed the model on high-gloss metallic card, so it will look like the picture
  3. There's no cockpit interiour, can't blame Nobi, because there's no information around annymore how it looked like, beside a picture of half the instument panel, but I couldn't resist putting in the windows from greeninsh transparent film, just coloured the inside black
    Cheers, Billy
  4. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Looking good Billy ! As usual. I like the green transparency also.
  5. It's going to be big, I never realised that it was such a big plane..
  6. pantherbug

pantherbug New Member

When you are printing on coloured or metallized paper, how can you give a white background to the print? I'm concerned about the effect on colors of national insignia or coloured lettering if inkjet with low opacity is used to print on non white paper...
  7. murphyaa

murphyaa Designer

I usually print the parts I want to stay white a second time on copy paper.
  8. I just paint them in with enamel paint, the same paint they use on the P-stuff, and in just print the sheets twice for the wheels and landing gearhousing etc..
    Cheers, Billy
  9. damraska

damraska Member

Your model looks very nice on that metalized paper. I wish I could find more details on the cockpit and weapon bays so I could build one. I wonder if subtle fills could be used to create different panel colors while still retaining the reflective qualities. I must experiment.

10. Here's a side view I found,
    The X103 had some nice design feature's; like the escape-pod, the pilot was jettonised downwards, ( like the XP 54),and the rockets where hidden inside the hull, and slided out, a very tricky system..
  11. Some progress, the fuselage, wing, the high-gloss metallic paper is quit tricky, it stains very easy end you'll see every stain and it is very unforgivable when it's just a little bit out of shape..
  12. Alcides

Alcides Member

but your model shines :grin:

Really to work with metallic paper is very difficult I admire your work. Very nice.
  13. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Looking good. I did a Hindenberg printed on some sort of metallic paper when I was a kid (in the '80's) and it was a pain - so I can relate to the issues. I think it's going to look awesome when done though.
  14. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Did you change the silver coloring of the model to transparent before printing to the metallic paper?

15. Hello Bob,
    I didn't change anything,just printed it, Nobi's design is very light gray, and inkjet-ink is transparent, so only the black will show, I printed the parts like the wheel- housing and the undercariage on normal paper
    Cheers, Billy
  16. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Thanks. I was wondering because the ink didn't seem to affect the gloss of your model.
  17. It has all its wings now..
  18. The high gloss metallic is very unforgiving, so I cheated a bit on the wing-root, where the smugges and gap showed the most; a small stip to cover the worst part;
  19. 46rob

46rob Member

looks like it belongs there....nice work
  20. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Seems that is a problem we have to choose................... good looks.......or.........good paper.

Wish we could convince someone to make up some silver sided card stock, that would shape better.