Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by jrts, Dec 27, 2004.

1. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi all

Had a few hours while waitting for the glue to dry on DeWaynes Tojo. So I thought I would have a go a this very nice free model from Nobi.

It all fits like a glove and does look great when done, well I thinks so :lol:

I started with the wings and tail sections the on to the wheels and cockpit body section.
    Did it like this so as to get the wings on :roll:

2. jrts

jrts Active Member

Next I added a section to the tail and also got some of the nose sections ready to fit

3. jrts

jrts Active Member

After this I fitted the wings and then the tail section.
    Then came the spinner

4. jrts

jrts Active Member

Next came the wheels

5. jrts

jrts Active Member

On went the canopy and props

6. jrts

jrts Active Member

The finished model

All in this is another great model by Nobi and everything fits very well, I did not have any fit problems with it at all :D

Thanks Nobi for all your hard work for us

Best wishes for the New Year to everyone and have fun building those Christmas gifts, in threads on here :lol: :lol:

7. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

You already finished????????????????

Meryy Xmas i Happy New Year :D
  8. Gil

Gil Active Member

Save it as a short AVI loop next time!

Beautiful build of a very "robust" aircraft.

Best regards, Gil
  9. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Gil

No problem, as soon as I find out what a "short AVI loop" is :lol:

10. barry

barry Active Member

Hi Rob

I haven't even got round to downloading it yet you're supposed to let the ink dry you know. Nice looking plane between you and NOBI.

Thanks for yet another freebie NOBI.

11. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Gee that was fast! I........ at least got it download.

Nice build again Rob!
  12. Atomsk

Atomsk Member

Nobi works WAY faster than I do.
  13. rkelterer

rkelterer Member

very nice pictures, well done ! I did not download yet :roll:

best wishes from austria
  14. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Man, you can't even blink around here or you'll miss a build thread by Rob! :lol: I think you're cornering the build threads...say, wait a minute, you're on vacation, aren't you? Well, just be sure you leave some time for eating and sleeping, mate, okay? :lol:

Okay, that's got to be some sort of broke your own record I think. :shock: Not just fast but an awesome looking build at that!

Great job, Rob! Super model and superb photos!!

15. cygielski

cygielski Member

Is it the camera angle, or do the wings droop a bit?
  16. jrts

jrts Active Member

The photo is down to the camera angle and light effect, I have a head on shot that I will post if I can. It shows all the bits in the right place :roll:

Although I must say that the model had done a few circuits of the garden and just one or two emergency dust off's from the dining room table. Under tha able comand of my youngest test pilot :lol: :lol:

Just goes to show how strong these planes are, if it was a plastic model yuk, spit, cough, splutter I'll not have to use that word again :twisted: they would be in bits already and beyond repair :lol: :lol:

Its always got to be paper and card 8)

17. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

I'm just curious... Why is almost "everyone" here are angry at plastic models?...

I'm a member of IPMS Philippines, and it kinda make me sad hearing these things. I'm an avid card modeler, and also a plastic modeler. :cry:

I've also introduced card modeling to my fellow modelers back here in the club, and so far, it never fails to turn a head or ten...

Hope sonemone understands me... :(

By the way, that Seafury of Sir nobi sure looks great! I can't wait to add it in my library of card models and get down with it :wink:
  18. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I don't think everyone here is angry at plastic model or modelers......... its more that paper modeling is not as well known or thought of as highly as plastic least here in the US. You have to understand that here in the US when you say paper modeling most people think of "paper dolls" 2D.... flat kind of things, that are not very detailed. Most of us here can not believe the level of detail that is achieved with paper. SO........ we think it must be plastic not paper, this tends to make the paper modelers a little upset that they and their skills are overlooked.

I believe that most of the comments are being just made in fun.

Anyway paper is much cheaper to deal with........especially when you make as many mistakes as I do. :D

I used to model with plastic and the one thing I've learned is it takes more skill to work with paper. In plastic most of the details are pre-molded in with paper you have to supply the detail. Thus you are more in control as to the level of detail you want to achieve.

Anyway that's my take on this issue. AND I am only speaking for myself..........
  19. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Well said, bowdenja.
  20. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

I agree with that. I also observed it during our recently concluded IPMS Nationals last year. I displayed Mr. Ralph Curell's SpaceShipOne in the 1 week show, and almost all people (including professional plastic modelers) can't believe what they're seeing. It seems like almost all people can't believe it is possible to do with just using a piece of card, and a little patience...

And one thing I like about card models is that, once you obtain a kit (either downloaded for free, or bought from the designer) you can build as much as you want, or like the pros say, if you screw up, you can correct it.

Well, I'm promoting Card modeling to the club, and so far, many are very enthusiastic, some have already started building some models.

Hopefully, I could convince them to include card models to the competition.

By the way, I'd like some opinion about this phrase:

"Plastic Modelers follow the instructions, Paper/Card modelers build the instructions" (one of my collegues at IPMS Phil.)

Personally, I believe this isn't true, because (for me), it's more confusing and challenging to build a card model without its instructions than the plastic ones. (ex. for a space shuttle, when I first looked at the parts, sweat began to drop from my head just guessing what should the proper shape be for those parts...)

What do you think?